Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 01-12-2009, 07:28 AM   #1
^_Pepe_^
Enthusiast
^_Pepe_^ began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eBook reader PRS-505 / iLiad
Quick transformation from lrf to iLiad readable?

Hi every one!

I've just received 5 min ago my new iLiad (2nd Edition), and I couldn't anything, mainly because I have all my family ill (flu... :-( )

My question is: How can I easily transform my lrf's from my PRS-505 (yesssss...I have two eBooks) to something readable from iLiad.

Should I have to transform to mobipocket first?

Could I use Bookdesigner?

For more complexity, I have gone to Linux (Ubuntu) recently, and I couldn't install BD with WINE yet.

Can anyone give a first steps advice?

Thanks!
Pepe
^_Pepe_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 02:43 AM   #2
^_Pepe_^
Enthusiast

Self-answered,

Firstly, Mobipockect Reader works perfectly with Wine (> 1.0).

From an A4-format PDF anyone can use Bookdesigner (not in Linux, AFAIK) or Mobopocket Reader to transform to a iLiad reformatted PDF in 1st case, and to a mobipocket in 2nd.

Now, only I have to convert my lrfs to html0 or something similar. I'm sure there's a tool for it.

Regards,
Advert
Old 01-13-2009, 09:53 AM   #3
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
See LRFTools. Convert LRF to EPUB, HTML, PDF and RTF. This is a Java app and so should run under Linux.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:14 AM   #4
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Just wanted to give my $.02 that BookDesigner is a great tool. I use it for pretty much every ebook that I read, and reformat them into PDFs with the right page size for the iLiad and fonts that I want... etc. I prefer PDFs over Mobipocket for the iLiad because it's more difficult to pick the fonts you want with the iLiad's Mobipocket reader. I don't think BookDesigner will take an LRF as input though, so you'll need to grab a utility to convert that to something else first.

There's a section in the Wiki on conversion software. There should be several options in there that will work:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_conversion
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:48 PM   #5
^_Pepe_^
Enthusiast

Thanks to all!

I'll try the java converter and I agree (100%) that bookdesigner is a fantastic tool, once you have understood every "corner" of it.

It would be fantastic if it were cross-platform.

Regards.
Advert