Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 09-27-2008, 03:49 PM   #1
maikarl
maikarl began at the beginning.

Device: prs-505
can iliad handle larger pdf-files of 10 to 20 mb?

hi,

i'm looking forward to buy an irex, mostly because i'm tired of the sony prs 505 performance of pdf's. what i mostly wish is to read my newspaper (as pdf) on my device.
here's my question: can the irex handle large files, say 10 or 20 mb's. the sony can't, you have to split the file into smaler parts in order to avoid a freeze of the system. most ebooks aren't very large, maybe that's so to provide a satisfying performance. but this is just a guess. anyone has experiences with larger files?

regards
maikarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 03:59 PM   #2
Gogolo
Addict
Gogolo has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: DR1000S, Nook ST (rooted), Kobo Aura one (ksm)
Yes, 20 MB is no problem. Opening the pdf will take 10-20 Seconds.

Gogolo
Gogolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-27-2008, 09:17 PM   #3
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
File size is not a problem for iLiad. I have a 150mb pdf working on iLiad. But if one page of the file requires memory allocation more than iLiad can offer, iLiad might not be able to open it.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 08:06 AM   #4
timezone
Addict
timezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheesetimezone can extract oil from cheese

Device: Windows Phone7, Kindle Fire
I don't dispute the above statements and fully expect the iLiad to handle very large files. I just want to add that on occasion I have seen a PDF load and then close. The second attempt always works. It isn't a chronic problem that has been distracting but one that has happened to me.
timezone is offline   Reply With Quote