Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-10-2012, 06:37 AM   #1
Lydovig
Zealot
Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Device: kindle touch
Java script games for Kindle Touch

To start the game, you must first install the Jailbreak, GUI Launcher, SkipStone browser.

1. https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...king#Jailbreak
2. https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kind...g#GUI_Launcher
3. http://www.fabiszewski.net/kindle-browser/
4. Unrar game and copy in folder "extensions".
5. Reboot.

Tested on firmware 5.0.0.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-11-10T11_09_38-0000.gif
Views:	1406
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	95867   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-11-10T11_11_38-0000.gif
Views:	1275
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	95868   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-11-10T11_12_29-0000.gif
Views:	1119
Size:	30.0 KB
ID:	95869   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-11-10T11_13_52-0000.gif
Views:	1094
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	95870   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-11-10T11_14_37-0000.gif
Views:	1027
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	95871   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-11-10T11_13_02-0000.gif
Views:	5679
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	95872  
Attached Files
File Type: rar BlockLine.rar (285.8 KB, 1315 views)
File Type: rar freecell.rar (43.1 KB, 1259 views)
File Type: rar Klondike.rar (42.4 KB, 1186 views)
File Type: rar Long.rar (40.1 KB, 1089 views)
File Type: rar mahjongg.rar (396.5 KB, 1253 views)
File Type: rar Pile.rar (40.2 KB, 1139 views)

Last edited by Lydovig; 11-10-2012 at 07:57 AM.
Lydovig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 06:45 AM   #2
Lydovig
Zealot
Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

I would be grateful if more will be published javascript game.
Advert
Old 11-10-2012, 08:50 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydovig View Post
It would also be nice if you did not post in *.rar format.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 02:22 PM   #4
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydovig View Post
Hi mate. where are you grabbing the sources for conversion?

Some tips would be great

Thanks for the games. I will screenie them on the 5.

LOVE that mah-jong implemenation. luscious.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2012, 03:50 PM   #5
Lydovig
Zealot

Hi twobob. I'm used offline explorer for grabbing.

http://www.metaproducts.com/OEPR.html

Site where there is a lot of java script games:

http://www.lutanho.net/stroke/online.html

Bejeweled Color line Game:

http://funmin.com/online-games/color-line/index.php

Where was mah-jong not remember.
Advert
Old 11-10-2012, 04:11 PM   #6
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Excellent. Superstar helpful
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:43 PM   #7
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
Why iseveryone complainng about rar format and the like? I think this is excellent!
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:14 PM   #8
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantbebothered View Post
Why iseveryone complainng about rar format and the like? I think this is excellent!
1) Because it has no advantages over other, free, compressed archives.
2) Because it is not supported OOTB on Kindles.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:34 AM   #9
kaneorotar
Enthusiast
kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: K3, KW3, PW4
Works fine on K3 with both Apache httpd and "python -m SimpleHTTPServer 8080" web servers.
So I guess people using the ScreenSaverHack with python cover feature may not necessarily need to use SkipStone?

My apology. I meant to say that the games could run with the built-in browser but somehow I forgot to mention it.
However, I may have missed the point that the purpose of using SkipStone Browser is actually to make the games possible to be launched directly with GUI launcher.

So I saw this post and the attractive games and wanted to have a try. Since the only Kindle I have is a K3, I decided to play the games on it.
According to my understanding of the files, playing the games would need the following prerequisites:
1. Game html,js and resource files (Already available)
2. A browser capable of accessing local files (i.e. using file:// protocol) (Partially available)

The only browser which is available on K3 is the built-in one and it does not support the file:// protocol. So the solution is to make the local files 'global' with a web server which allows accessing the files using the IP address.
Fortunately, I have cross-compiled the Apache Http server and Python 2.7 to my K3 and both of them are able to serve this purpose.
For Apache httpd, the http.conf would need to be configured to use the folder containing game folders to be the webroot.
For Python, the web server can be run by cd to the upper directory of the game folders and typing 'python -m SimpleHTTPServer 80 &' in the terminal. This folder will then become the webroot which is available at http://127.0.0.1
So I tried these 2 methods and both worked relatively well. The only problem is that you need to enter the URL manually to run the games. As the command to access certain URL with the built-in browser is currently unavailable, the best I can do to minimized the inconvenience is by putting a index.html file, which contains links to the game folders, in the webroot .

Last edited by kaneorotar; 11-15-2012 at 07:50 AM.
kaneorotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:46 AM   #10
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneorotar View Post
Works fine on K3 with both Apache httpd and "python -m SimpleHTTPServer 8080" web servers.
So I guess people using the ScreenSaverHack with python cover feature may not necessarily need to use SkipStone?
Context please.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:52 AM   #11
kaneorotar
Enthusiast
kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.kaneorotar for a long time would go to bed early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Context please.
OK, so I edited my post and, how is it now?

Last edited by kaneorotar; 11-15-2012 at 07:57 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:56 AM   #12
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
Quote:
OK, so I edited my post and how is it now?
Better. I'm less confused now
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:03 AM   #13
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
The only browser which is available on K3 is the built-in one and it does not support the file:// protocol.
BTW, Kindle Touch and Kindle Paperwhite allow access to file:///mnt/us/ in stock browser.
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:05 AM   #14
kaneorotar
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
Better. I'm less confused now
Which means to some extent you are still confused...
Any suggestions on improving the language will be appreciated.
English writing has always been my weak point and I'm still practising.

Last edited by kaneorotar; 11-15-2012 at 08:15 AM.
Old 11-15-2012, 08:18 AM   #15
kaneorotar
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
BTW, Kindle Touch and Kindle Paperwhite allow access to file:///mnt/us/ in stock browser.
Then in this case the only benefit that SkipStone Browser has is being capable of launching a webpage from a shell command.

Tags
launcher add-ons