Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-31-2011, 07:46 AM   #1
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Aura ONE, Kobo Libra H20
Question Changing column type for reading queue

Hi all

I have currently marked the books I'd like to read next with a star rating system, but I'd like to change it to a YES/NO type of column. Meaning:

YES -> is in the reading queue
NO -> allready read.

What I can't seem to figure out is how to show this YES/NO column in the categories browser, so I can also pick this category when browsing the content server with my iPad. I can currently see the star rated books but I have a YES/NO column for books that need fixing and I can't seem to be able to see this in the categories.

Maybe I am not seeing the forest because of the trees, but any help is greatly appreciated
paulfiera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:34 AM   #2
atjnjk
Zealot
atjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Suppose your custom column's lookup name is "reading", create two saved searches:
Code:
#reading:yes
and
Code:
#reading:no
Then you could browse them using categories browser under "Searches".
atjnjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2011, 08:36 AM   #3
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Yes/no columns are not categories and cannot be shown in the tags browser.

You can get something very similar that is a category by using a "Text with a fixed set of values" column. Enter Yes and No for the values and check the box "Show Checkmarks".

These will show as Yes and No in the content server.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 08:57 AM   #4
paulfiera
Addict
paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.paulfiera could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Yes/no columns are not categories and cannot be shown in the tags browser.

You can get something very similar that is a category by using a "Text with a fixed set of values" column. Enter Yes and No for the values and check the box "Show Checkmarks".

These will show as Yes and No in the content server.
Thanks guys

chaley, how can I separate the values YES and NO in the values field? I've tried AND, but it comes in the column as one value "Yes AND No".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	240
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	72119  
Old 05-31-2011, 09:00 AM   #5
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfiera View Post
chaley, how can I separate the values YES and NO in the values field? I've tried AND, but it comes in the column as one value "Yes AND No".
They are separated by commas.
Advert
Old 05-31-2011, 09:07 AM   #6
paulfiera
Addict

Quote:
They are separated by commas.

Many thanks, chaley. That did it. Wonder what the values for the field Color could be. I've tried entering color names or hex values but they are not accepted

atjnjk: The saved searchs option works great also.

Last edited by paulfiera; 05-31-2011 at 09:09 AM.
Old 05-31-2011, 10:37 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulfiera View Post
Wonder what the values for the field Color could be. I've tried entering color names or hex values but they are not accepted
If you hover your mouse over the word 'color', a list of valid color names appears. You must enter a color per value, separated by commas.

However, if you checked the 'show checkmarks' box and have only Yes and No as valid values, then no text will display to be colored. Any other value would be colored according to its corresponding color value
Old 05-31-2011, 01:10 PM   #8
paulfiera
Addict

Quote:
If you hover your mouse over the word 'color', a list of valid color names appears. You must enter a color per value, separated by commas.

However, if you checked the 'show checkmarks' box and have only Yes and No as valid values, then no text will display to be colored. Any other value would be colored according to its corresponding color value
Many thanks, chaley

That's why I didn't seem able to set color values. Makes sense.