Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-30-2011, 06:54 PM   #1
Devante
Devante began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
Books going into Docs menu.

Hi guys. Just found this site and love it already.

My question is regarding adding books.

I've already added a ton of books using Calibre, but I have two books that get listed under Docs instead of Books on my Fire.

I've removed them using various methods and then readded them several times but they just get listed under Docs no matter what. Another thing is that they continue to display the book cover that came with them rather then the one displayed in Calibre.

Anyone get this issue?

One thing to note is these two books are the only two I've ever sent to myself using the kindle.com email address.
Devante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 07:47 PM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devante View Post
Hi guys. Just found this site and love it already.

My question is regarding adding books.

I've already added a ton of books using Calibre, but I have two books that get listed under Docs instead of Books on my Fire.

I've removed them using various methods and then readded them several times but they just get listed under Docs no matter what. Another thing is that they continue to display the book cover that came with them rather then the one displayed in Calibre.

Anyone get this issue?

One thing to note is these two books are the only two I've ever sent to myself using the kindle.com email address.
Any books sent to a Kindle's email are converted to personal documents. You need to sideload the book for it show in Books.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:09 PM   #3
Morpheus Phreak
Wielder of Hammers
Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.Morpheus Phreak is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Kindle Keyboard & Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Any books sent to a Kindle's email are converted to personal documents. You need to sideload the book for it show in Books.
They also need to remove the pdoc tag using calibre as well if I'm not mistaken.

There are instructions for this on the site. I recommend using search to find them.
Morpheus Phreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:39 PM   #4
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morpheus Phreak View Post
They also need to remove the pdoc tag using calibre as well if I'm not mistaken.

There are instructions for this on the site. I recommend using search to find them.
I remove the pdoc tag and replace it with eboc.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2011, 09:43 PM   #5
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
I remove the pdoc tag and replace it with eboc.

Carol
I don't have this problem and and I couldn't figure out why all my books goes to the book shelf even with pdoc still in options unless I sent it via email.

After contemplating this I think I now know why. My Device Profile in Page Setup is set to Hanlin V5 instead of Kindle
So it never used that option and all my books works just fine on my Kindle so I guess I leave it that way.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 03:50 AM   #6
Devante
Devante began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
It was removing the [pdoc] tag that fixed it.

Thanks for the replies.
Devante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 11:43 AM   #7
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I don't have this problem and and I couldn't figure out why all my books goes to the book shelf even with pdoc still in options unless I sent it via email.

After contemplating this I think I now know why. My Device Profile in Page Setup is set to Hanlin V5 instead of Kindle
So it never used that option and all my books works just fine on my Kindle so I guess I leave it that way.
Yes, mine is set to Kindle. Don't know what adding the [EBOK] tag does if anything. It was just suggested when all this was talked about before, so I changed the conversion options for all mobi.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 12:55 PM   #8
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Yes, mine is set to Kindle. Don't know what adding the [EBOK] tag does if anything. It was just suggested when all this was talked about before, so I changed the conversion options for all mobi.

Carol
I changed the default on mine to [EBOK] too. For some reason just removing the [PDOC] tag did not always work for me.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote