Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 06-28-2008, 07:28 AM   #1
canicula
Enthusiast
canicula doesn't littercanicula doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, MacBook Air
Iliad Book Edition

I'm selling my iRex Iliad Book Edition. It's in perfect condition with original packaging and accessories and a deluxe leather case (brand new). reason for selling is that I just don't use it. I use my Sony PRS-505 for fiction and MacBook Air for technical docs. So the Iliad will just gather dust. With the case it cost me £428. I'd sell them for around £300. PM me here or email me at net at canicula dot com with an offer if you are interested. If you have questions post them here for everyone's benefit.

EDIT: It also has a 4GB CF card in it as well.

Ian

Last edited by canicula; 07-03-2008 at 07:28 AM. Reason: Added CF card details
canicula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 08:11 AM   #2
lordmax
Enthusiast
lordmax began at the beginning.

Device: iLiad, Opus, cybook gen10, Palm LifeDrive, NetBookVaio, Kindle, Tolino
Sony vs iLiad

Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by canicula View Post
I'm selling my iRex Iliad Book Edition. It's in perfect condition with original packaging and accessories and a deluxe leather case (brand new). reason for selling is that I just don't use it. I use my Sony PRS-505 for fiction and MacBook Air for technical docs. So the Iliad will just gather dust. With the case it cost me £428. I'd sell them for around £300. PM me here or email me at net at canicula dot com with an offer if you are interested. If you have questions post them here for everyone's benefit.

EDIT: It also has a 4GB CF card in it as well.

Ian
Just a question:
Why use sony instead of iLiad?
iLiad had many more functions and a larger video
lordmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2008, 08:15 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The Sony has a longer battery life which might make a difference. And if you don't use the iliad for more then reading fiction, then it's not all that good a choice.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 08:46 AM   #4
canicula
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmax View Post
Why use sony instead of iLiad?
iLiad had many more functions and a larger video
What Jon said. The Sony is like an electronic paperback. I find it much better for reading fiction than the larger Iliad.

Ian
Old 06-28-2008, 10:21 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
The iLiad has an extremely poor implementation of the MobiPocket Reader. You can't set bookmarks, and can't change the display font, to name but two of its shortcomings. The Sony is a far better fiction reader, IMHO.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2008, 07:37 AM   #6
solscar
solscar began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad
Sent you a PM
solscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 04:09 PM   #7
canicula
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by solscar View Post
Sent you a PM
Just replied.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:26 AM   #8
canicula
Enthusiast

Sold

The Iliad has been sold. Thanks for the interest to all concerned.

ian