Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-14-2007, 04:41 PM   #1
fishcube
Connoisseur
fishcube began at the beginning.

Device: Archos 5
505 at Borders?

Anyone seen the 505 for sale at Borders?

Sharon
fishcube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 05:25 PM   #2
Rocketime
Zealot
Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle/Nook Color/NST/Acer Iconica
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishcube View Post

Sharon
That's where I got mine but I think they only carry Silver.
Rocketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2007, 05:54 PM   #3
fishcube
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketime View Post
That's where I got mine but I think they only carry Silver.
Hmm. Has anyone asked Borders to order in a blue one? I take it you can order just about any book and pick it up when it comes in, why not a Sony reader?

Any other good sources for the Sony reader 505 other then Sony themselves?

Sharon
Old 10-14-2007, 06:07 PM   #4
Rocketime
Zealot
Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

You can also order them through BestBuy.com.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:57 PM   #5
fishcube
Connoisseur

I couldn't find the Sony reader 505 at bestbuy.com ??
Advert
Old 10-14-2007, 07:46 PM   #6
Rocketime
Zealot

Quote:
I couldn't find the Sony reader 505 at bestbuy.com ??
Interesting, they were advertising them last week but they took them off their site. Have you tried A Sony Style store?
Old 10-14-2007, 10:38 PM   #7
fishcube
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketime View Post
Interesting, they were advertising them last week but they took them off their site. Have you tried A Sony Style store?
That is very strange. No Sony style store near us. I also tried B&H Photo Video as I thought someone said they carried them, but they don't have them listed either.

So, who all carries the Sony Reader 505 other then Sonystyle online?

Sharon
Old 10-15-2007, 12:14 AM   #8
afiggatt
afiggatt began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Yes, the 505s were in the Sony Reader display kiosk at my local Borders a week ago. This was Sterling, VA. But they did not have one out on display, just an empty cradle where the 500 used to sit. It was still that way yesterday when I was at the Borders. Does the 505 fit into the 500 cradle or does Border's have to use a new display setup for the 505? BTW, all the boxes that I could see in the Sony case were labeled as the silver unit. I did not ask Borders to open a box so I could see a 505 in action because I am not planning to buy one at this time. I may have to stop by a Sony Style store to see what the new screen really looks like.
afiggatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:26 AM   #9
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
The 505 doesn't have the connector for the cradle, so it won't fit it.

Yeah, they'll have to adjust the displays.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:42 AM   #10
fishcube
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by afiggatt View Post
Yes, the 505s were in the Sony Reader display kiosk at my local Borders a week ago. This was Sterling, VA. But they did not have one out on display, just an empty cradle where the 500 used to sit. It was still that way yesterday when I was at the Borders. Does the 505 fit into the 500 cradle or does Border's have to use a new display setup for the 505? BTW, all the boxes that I could see in the Sony case were labeled as the silver unit. I did not ask Borders to open a box so I could see a 505 in action because I am not planning to buy one at this time. I may have to stop by a Sony Style store to see what the new screen really looks like.
The closest Borders is 2 hours away. If anyone visits their Borders, could you ask them if they can order in a blue 505 model?
Old 10-15-2007, 12:46 AM   #11
dalai
Enthusiast
dalai began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, Sony PRS T2
From pricegrabber, the following stores carry the 505 (in both colors):

J&R
Hypatia Way
ABT electronics
Vanns

Hypatia way has it at $279 + No tax + Free shipping (at least in my case), the rest have it at $299.
dalai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:26 AM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
The closest Borders is 2 hours away. If anyone visits their Borders, could you ask them if they can order in a blue 505 model?
Why not just call and ask?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 11:31 AM   #13
carchase
Enthusiast
carchase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.carchase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.carchase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
I saw the silver model at a Borders in Roswell, GA over the weekend. Also, I had a $50 Borders gift card that I was able to trade for two of the $25 Sony connect cards.
carchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 12:08 PM   #14
mangamonster
mangamonster began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Just picked up my 505 at borders this morning in Houston TX (Borders @ Kirby). They hadn't even put them out in the display case yet...they were still showing the old model. I asked one of the staff if they had gotten any in yet and they went back to the cage...they had quite a few
mangamonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 02:26 PM   #15
fishcube
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangamonster View Post
Just picked up my 505 at borders this morning in Houston TX (Borders @ Kirby). They hadn't even put them out in the display case yet...they were still showing the old model. I asked one of the staff if they had gotten any in yet and they went back to the cage...they had quite a few
Did they have both colors?