Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-30-2007, 10:46 AM   #1
buster
buster began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
Anyone else want chm to lrf converter?

I just bought ABC Amber CHM converter which converts chm to loads of different formats,...
  1. doc
  2. rtf
  3. pdf
  4. lit
  5. rocketbook
  6. fictionbook2
  7. blackberry
  8. palm
and more on top of that...... but not lrf. I asked about whether they had any future plans to include this and received an email from ABC asking if I wanted to convert chm to lrf. Personally any move to integrate the LRF format in conversion software seems to me to be a good thing. If I am not alone why not get onto ABC Amber and tell them that you would be interested in a chm to lrf conversion tool. One more tool in the arsenal of format conversion can't be bad, can it?
buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:02 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Certainly sounds good, although if it'll convert CHM to RTF it's very easy to then convert the RTF to LRF, of course. An "all in one" tool would be even better, though!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2007, 04:48 PM   #3
kulaga
kulaga doesn't litterkulaga doesn't litter

Device: PRS-500
I think it's a great idea. One of the biggest obstacles to the Reader gaining a mainstream audience is the level of difficulty involved in converting documents. I love Bookdesigner and have a host of tools loaded on my PC for file conversion. However, most people (myself included depending on the format of the original) will expect a one-click conversion to lrf, regardless of the original format.
kulaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 01:07 AM   #4
twb010
twb010 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
CHM > lit > lrf might be a better option. I haven't played with rtf much, but I did do a few lit > lrf from the Baen site, and so far they are the best formatted books I have seen on the reader. lit2lrf is also able to preserve pics and the TOC.
twb010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 03:42 AM   #5
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Or CHM -> HTML -> LRF using ABC Amber CHM Converter and libprs500 html2lrf
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2007, 09:40 AM   #6
buster
buster began at the beginning.

Why not just one click?

all will work to a varying degree however if the ABC converter simply added a new choice of lrf on top of the other options it would be a one click solution. The point is are they aware of the demand or is lrf format simply overlooked as too niche market to bother with.
I am not sure that, outside of a few forums, software developers know that demand for this format exists and to what extent.
buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:54 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
On this forum it's chm that's the marginal format ;-)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 04:33 AM   #8
kuck
kuck began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader
Hi,

I have come across the ABC Amber CHM myself before and found it quite useful. I would also like to see the conversion to lrf format as a new feature.
It will not make it a "mainstream" function, but is certainly a step in the right direction.

Just got my Sony Reader last week and reading a lot here. So far I like the support from you guys. Very helpful. Thanks.

Best regards,

kuck
kuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 01:53 AM   #9
ns66
Connoisseur
ns66 doesn't litterns66 doesn't litter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Or CHM -> HTML -> LRF using ABC Amber CHM Converter and libprs500 html2lrf
does this route preserve pictures and toc (all levels)?
or chm->lit->lrf is better?

so many formats all maginal difference what a great waste of time
(because everyone thinks he is smarter than others and can do better, so here comes a new format or a new language lol)
ns66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 02:44 PM   #10
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
There is "one click fb2 to lrf converter" (just google it). It takes like 3 sec to convert + upload it to sony reader.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2008, 05:07 PM   #11
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
For those using Windows, you can use the 'free' chm --> html tool provided by Microsoft, as follows:
Code:
C:\>hh -decompile Destdir Source.chm
Then proceed from there...

-Nick
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote