Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-30-2012, 05:08 AM   #34396
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffMostWalls View Post
Newbie trying to assess the utility of this forum. Hard to navigate. Needle/haystack scene. Was hoping for QAs and useful suggestions about converting InDesign and PDF layouts to ebook usable stuff. Anyone have positive experience with an authoring forum? Especially where precisely coordinated graphics are involved? (As in picture books or nitty gritty texts where you want the picture of what you're explaining right there, not 1-2 pages B4 or after.) Currently trying to figure out Calibre as authoring tool, which is how I got here. But I don't see threads involving graphics and page breaks yet.
Calibre isn't an authoring tool. You want Sigil and the Sigil forum for that.

You also want the workshop forum and possibly the ePub forum.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:02 AM   #34397
Mel Comley
Addict
Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Grr... We've been without hot water for 6 days in our new house. Just had to go out and buy a new water tank. The plumber can't fir it till Monday though. :-(
Mel Comley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:39 AM   #34398
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
About to jump out of a plane with one of our daughters.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:48 AM   #34399
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Permit me to state the obvious, but wouldn't a parachute be more effective?

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:19 AM   #34400
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Just found out about tsunami warnings after strong earthquake near the coast .
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:07 AM   #34401
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
Stay safe.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:19 PM   #34402
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Permit me to state the obvious, but wouldn't a parachute be more effective?

Stitchawl
I've jumped out of planes a few times, but never while they were in the air. Always wanted to try that parachute thing, though.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 08-31-2012 at 05:35 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:56 PM   #34403
jersysman
Wizard
jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jersysman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T1 Red, Kindle Fire, Kindle PW, PW2, Nook HD+, Kobo Mini, Aura HD
Always wondered why people want to jump out of perfectly good airplanes.
jersysman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:14 PM   #34404
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Rumpelteazer - welcome home. It's always so hard to get use to real life's daily routines again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
Be safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Comley View Post
Grr... We've been without hot water for 6 days in our new house. Just had to go out and buy a new water tank. The plumber can't fir it till Monday though. :-(
Isn't it amazing how much we do rely on "just turn on the faucet and hot water comes out" ? When mine went out, I asked a neighbor's husband to help me remove and replace mine. I just couldn't wait that much longer to have instant hot water again. (It was easier to do than I thought).
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I've jumped out of planes a few times, but never when they were in the air. Always wanted to try that parachute thing, though.
I had signed up to do parachute with a couple of friends, but they cancelled... I was secretly glad that I could do so too. I have a fear of heights and I wasn't really looking forward to doing a jump. I had enough trouble doing practice ones off the smoke jumpers practice tower.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:33 PM   #34405
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Thanks :-) in the airport right now. Going to Singapore to visit sister and brother with family.there's an IT show tomorrow.
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:53 PM   #34406
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Teaching my two month old the Michigan State Fight song.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:21 PM   #34407
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I've jumped out of planes a few times, but never while they were in the air. Always wanted to try that parachute thing, though.
I think that might be considered 'cheating...'

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
Can you say 'RUSSSSSSSSSH'

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
[B] I have a fear of heights
I don't fear hights. I fear falling from them, even though the falling doesn't hurt. Only the stopping.

Stitchawl
Old 08-31-2012, 11:16 PM   #34408
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersysman View Post
My thought exactly! I had a glider pilot friend who asked a military guy whether he should try out the military chute he always wore in the glider - just to see what it would feel like, you know? The guy said said "You don't want to know what it feels like!"
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:20 PM   #34409
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
OMG! I haven't heard that (or even thought about it) in more than forty years! I can't think how it goes, now.

You don't really need to remind me... I gotten on OK without it
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:24 PM   #34410
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Jeez! Not ANOTHER state that want to secede from the Union?!? And he can't even vote yet! This has sure been a heck of a year for politics!

Stitchawl

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?