Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-05-2009, 12:52 PM   #46
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Craig CMP738a Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphidb96 View Post
Eight hours is 'excessive'??? Then I guess my 12-14 hours per day is what, grotesque??? Oh wait! Disabled/retired people who *LIKE* to read should 'get a life'??? Not!

Yaknow, we really don't need people condemning pleasurable personal activities - or don't you understand that there are politicians and social workers out there who're eagerly seeking new areas to create overcontrolling legislation. We've already got doctors and legislators trying to limit 'twittering' time - do you truly want them to implement rules limiting 'legal reading time limits'?

Derek
Hi, Derek.

First, I apologize for getting to this late. I would've replied sooner had I realized what I'd accidentally written.

I should've reviewed what I typed more carefully. What I meant by that was that it might sound excessive (to the person I was responding to), but that in the context of what the devices are actually capable of before you decide that they don't "need" to last more than 8 hours. My point was that battery life does matter for these devices, not just for the reading time, but for everything else people will be doing with them soon.

I'm not sure if I do read 8 hours a day or not. It depends on what you call "reading", I suppose. Is reading forums like these "reading", by that definition? I suppose if you count computer time, almost everyone with a computer for work reads more than 8 hours a day.

Last edited by bhartman36; 06-11-2009 at 12:06 AM.
bhartman36 is offline   Reply With Quote