Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Everything Audiobooks > Audiobook Discussions

Notices

Old 09-16-2020, 02:17 PM   #31
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
I linked to the page that says 2 credits per month for Premium Plus: here.

The page compares Plus and Premium Plus. It's the page I landed on by clicking "member benefits." It's also the landing page when I click on "Plus catalog."

ETA: Another crazy thing is that I can't see what's in the catalog except for the limited number of items on the Plus catalog page--that "included" designation doesn't show up for me on the book pages or in my wish list, so I have no way of knowing if something I might be interested in is in the catalog.
We're seeing different results. If I sign out, the link takes me to a page that shows ONE title and one credit per month. (See attached).
When I'm logged in to my account, which I was before, it takes me to the Plus catalog.

If you're getting offered 2 credits per month at the same price, we'll need to see how you're doing that, it's not a bad deal.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	audible.JPG
Views:	273
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	181986  
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 02:24 PM   #32
ApK
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

PM to Tube Monkey: OK, have audible put the real offer page back up, our gaslighting of Catlady is working perfectly.
Advert
Old 09-16-2020, 04:16 PM   #33
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Click image for larger version

Name:	Image1.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	181992
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 04:45 PM   #34
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
We're seeing different results. If I sign out, the link takes me to a page that shows ONE title and one credit per month. (See attached).
When I'm logged in to my account, which I was before, it takes me to the Plus catalog.

If you're getting offered 2 credits per month at the same price, we'll need to see how you're doing that, it's not a bad deal.
Audible has a habit of showing you offers based on your membership and Prime status. The result is that different people will see different offers.

When I log out, I see the 1-credit offer. Before I signed up for this current promo, I saw the 2-credit offer because I was a Prime member. I no longer see that offer because I have it.

At no time have I ever seen a 2-credits/month offer.

Quote:
All I can assume, is that you're being offered this 2-credits/month offer because you're a Silver member and Audible wants you back. Whether they're offering it to other Silver members remains to be seen.

Half-price is a pretty good offer. Go for it if you're interested.

As is, Silver members are getting screwed over with this new plan. You lose the free monthly Originals and aren't even eligible for the Plus catalog.

Or, it's a typo on Audible's part and they won't honor it. But, the language clearly states 2 credits from the Premium catalog every month with no expiration date.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 04:53 PM   #35
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
PM to Tube Monkey: OK, have audible put the real offer page back up, our gaslighting of Catlady is working perfectly.
She wins out on that one. That posted page clearly shows 2 credits/mo @ $14.95/mo indefinitely.
Advert
Old 09-16-2020, 05:20 PM   #36
ApK

Yeah, not a bad deal. Basically half-price credits for as long as log as they'll honor it. And if the Plus catalog does in fact hold stuff of value for you, bonus.

If you go for it, let us know. I have had Audbile's site renege on on an offer more than once recently, with the price changing only at the very last "confirm" screen.

ApK

Last edited by ApK; 09-16-2020 at 05:22 PM.
Old 09-16-2020, 07:18 PM   #37
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I give up. I'm not in the mood to call Audible and engage in a hassle with them. And, most especially, I don't want to give up my Silver membership in case I can't get it back again, because it suits me fine.

Then there's the fact that I still have two Audible gift cards from last year that will give me three credits apiece. There just aren't enough books I want to buy from Audible to make switching my membership worthwhile.

I did try looking at the membership plans without being logged in, but all I could get was a splash page about Audible Plus. I couldn't get much further without signing in with an Amazon account, nor could I find the option for Premium Plus info. Audible is weird.
Old 09-16-2020, 08:03 PM   #38
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
I give up. I'm not in the mood to call Audible and engage in a hassle with them. And, most especially, I don't want to give up my Silver membership in case I can't get it back again, because it suits me fine.

Then there's the fact that I still have two Audible gift cards from last year that will give me three credits apiece. There just aren't enough books I want to buy from Audible to make switching my membership worthwhile.

I did try looking at the membership plans without being logged in, but all I could get was a splash page about Audible Plus. I couldn't get much further without signing in with an Amazon account, nor could I find the option for Premium Plus info. Audible is weird.
I hear ya.

BTW, those Best Buy Gift Cards for $30 (3 mo/3 credits) are still available.
Old 09-17-2020, 11:41 AM   #39
SeaBookGuy
Can one read too much?
SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaBookGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 3, Sony 350 and 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I hear ya.

BTW, those Best Buy Gift Cards for $30 (3 mo/3 credits) are still available.
I've been picking up a few here and there at Safeway. 😉
SeaBookGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 12:32 PM   #40
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaBookGuy View Post
I've been picking up a few here and there at Safeway. ��
Thanks, good to know. I'll modify the entry in the Audiobook Deals thread to include these
Old 09-17-2020, 02:18 PM   #41
ApK

Quote:

Do you feel you get value from the Silver plan? I tend to only take free trials, and the occasional discounted credit opportunity (and a low-priced Whispersync deal here and there and other special offers found through the deals forum....), and I'm still having trouble finding something to spend all the credits on. I can't find enough value in the other benefits of paid membership (reduced cash prices and sales) to be worth the $15, even every two months, like with silver.

ApK

Last edited by ApK; 09-17-2020 at 02:21 PM.
Old 09-17-2020, 03:19 PM   #42
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Do you feel you get value from the Silver plan? I tend to only take free trials, and the occasional discounted credit opportunity (and a low-priced Whispersync deal here and there and other special offers found through the deals forum....), and I'm still having trouble finding something to spend all the credits on. I can't find enough value in the other benefits of paid membership (reduced cash prices and sales) to be worth the $15, even every two months, like with silver.

ApK
I like it. It's $14 every two months, and gives me access to all the sales and daily deals (I rarely buy anything, but ...). (And with a Prime Amazon credit card, the $14 is discounted 5 percent, making my cost per book only $13.30, which I find reasonable.) There are enough titles that are Audible exclusives or unavailable at my libraries that I want to read. Plus the 30 percent member discount--I have bought books that are less than the cost of a credit after that discount.

If you do contact Audible about the Silver plan, please report back about whether it's still being offered.
Old 09-17-2020, 03:20 PM   #43
Debi
Connoisseur
Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage, Ipad Mini 2, Ipad Air 2
I'm a Silver member and am seeing the 2 credit offer but the wording looks a little funky to me.

2 titles of your choice per month
Get 2 credits good for any title in our entire premium selection—yours to keep.

This makes it sound like one title costs 2 credits. So, what's the difference?

ApK, as a silver member I do get access to the daily deals which I buy once in a blue moon, but I do like having access to those and the sales. The originals and the rentals don't hold much appeal so I'll probably remain a silver member for a while....unless 2 credits = 2 titles turns out to be true.
Debi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 11:47 PM   #44
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
I was leery of Audible Plus at first, but it's starting to look better than I was expecting. The next book I am going to read, the lit club's monthly selection which is In a Free State by V.S. Naipaul, is included in the Plus, and it looks like many of Naipaul's books are included. Then, from a cursory browse at Plus titles in genres I like, there are more than a few I'd like to read and that are on my tbr. And I love that I can listen to as many as I want without spending for each individual one since I listen to a lot of audiobooks.

To browse Plus titles, you can go here: https://www.audible.com/ep/audible-plus-member-benefit

Then scroll down to where it says Audiobooks and Learn More (it's on the left, followed by Podcasts in the middle and Originals on the right). Click on the Audiobooks and it will take you to a page with only Plus titles and you can sort by genre.

I see five Audible Plus plans offered. There is Plus for $7.95 per month and then four other options that seem to all include all Plus titles, plus extra credits for other non-Plus titles:
-Premium Plus for $14.95 per month (one credit per month)
-Premium Plus 2 Credits for $22.95 per month (two credits per month)
-Premium Plus Annual 12 Credits for $149.50 per year (12 credits per year)
-Premium Plus Annual 24 Credits for $229.50 per year (24 credits per year).

So with the yearly plans you are basically paying for 10 months worth and getting 12 months worth, so two months free. Although I know from experience that you can re-buy the yearly credits whenever you want so whenever you run out of credits if it's sooner than a year (if it's longer than a year you'll need to pause your membership or let it auto-renew for another year). So before Plus when you did an Annual plan you were basically just buying a lump sum of credits to use but now there's also factoring in the 12 months of free Plus titles too.

Honestly looking at the prices and features it's a no-brainer for me; it's about like getting Plus for free on top of the credits, and I know I'll definitely be using the Plus now that I've browsed through the titles.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2020, 01:02 AM   #45
ApK

Fwiw, I just cancelled my premium plus trial, and selected "too expensive" as the reason. I did NOT get offered Silver as an option, just various Plus plans.