Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 03-02-2012, 08:26 AM   #1
BrettD
BrettD began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Mangle

Hello,

I just ran a file through Mangle and the size doubled. Is this normal? If so why use Mangle? I'm using the Mac version by the way.
BrettD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
There seems to be multiple programs called mangle. if you are talking about the reader then it should not modify the file at all. If you are talking about a conversion program then you are not in the correct forum since this forum is for reading software.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2012, 01:56 PM   #3
BrettD

This is the most proper forum I could find to post this topic into. If you would be so kind to move my thread to the correct one that would be nice. I am talking about the conversion program though.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:34 PM   #4
BrettD

The problem has been fix, I guess the first conversion messed up a bit. I reconverted it and had much luck and now cut the file size down to half of its original size.
Old 03-02-2012, 02:44 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettD View Post
The problem has been fix, I guess the first conversion messed up a bit. I reconverted it and had much luck and now cut the file size down to half of its original size.
I am glad you got it working. Generally the creation or conversion of files is covered either in the device specific forum or in the workshop. It is is an issue of one format then we have a general format forum. In your case the workshop might have had the experts.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert