Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-18-2011, 06:31 AM   #1
bob5146
Enthusiast
bob5146 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
deleting books

Hi Everyone, how do i delete books on my Kobo that I have read??????????????????Anne
bob5146 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 06:50 AM   #2
ldrover
Connoisseur
ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.ldrover is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob5146 View Post
Hi Everyone, how do i delete books on my Kobo that I have read??????????????????Anne
There are a few ways really. From the device itself, try the following...

From the Home Screen go to Library. Choose Books. Each book has four lines to the right of the title. Touch them and a menu appears. Select Delete from the menu.

Another way is to go to your Kobo account online and remove the book from I'm Reading. When you sync your KT next, the book will be deleted from the device.
ldrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2011, 08:27 AM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
The current build does not delete sideloaded books from the SD card. This will change in the next update. In the meantime, you have to manually delete the SD card books. Calibre will do this, if you prefer it to doing it yourself when connected by USB.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 07:52 AM   #4
bob5146
Enthusiast

Hi Taming thanks for the reply,do i need to plug my kobo into the computer then go to library, i am not into computers etc so i would appreciate if you could give me detail rundown , i have tried deleting from kobo tech support but the way they have given me i will be here till next christmas , all free books when i purchased the kobo i need off also thanks for your understanding.
Old 12-19-2011, 07:54 AM   #5
bob5146
Enthusiast

hi Idrover the reply was meant for you , so sorry taming
Advert
Old 12-19-2011, 10:39 AM   #6
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
If the books aren't on a microSD card (that you plugged into the tiny slot on the lower-left side of the device), meaning they're stored on the device themselves, you just go to the main screen, select Library, then Books, then page through the list to find the one you want. Click on the icon that looks like 4 or 5 horizontal lines and choose the delete option from the menu that pops up. (if you have the LARGE icons showing, you might have to press and hold on the picture in order to bring up the menu)
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:20 PM   #7
bob5146
Enthusiast

Thanks JD, do I have to plug into computer?the e-book I have is one of the original ones so dont think it has a SD card.
Old 12-20-2011, 12:52 AM   #8
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
No, you don't have to plug into the computer. Oh, and if you're on a Kobo Touch, the ones that came with it are previews and under Library->Previews.
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 07:28 AM   #9
bob5146
Enthusiast

Hi JD Thanks for the input did as you said and got rid of a heap of books in my library but got another say 100 books on the e-reader that are not listed in my library including the 100 free ones you get when you buy the kobo (ie) hunkelberry finn green gables etc how do get rid of all that rubbish???aso when i pulgged in the e-reader to the computer some of the books are still on the reader!
Old 12-20-2011, 08:50 AM   #10
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I am not sure what reader you are using (Kobo-1, or WiFI) but you may find this sticky interesting.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94789
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 11:08 AM   #11
Latch
Porcupine Tree fan
Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
"Huckleberry Finn" and "Anne of Green Gables" as rubbish?? Gads.
Latch is offline   Reply With Quote