Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-13-2011, 11:48 PM   #1
sobi
sobi began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello

I really like Calibre, and I like it even better for being open source. I've always been a reader and though I had to will myself to overcome my resistance to digital over hard copy, I have done so. Now I look at all the books (I recently moved which is a reminder of the weight and space they consume) and feel both like I am betraying them, and I would like to dump them.

I did wonder where I might post on a suggested keyboard shortcut on the main book list screen to swap title/author without having to go into metadata page. I find a lot of my older books that I've been collecting for a while need this.

Another question about resource management is whether there is a way to select a less demanding background mode for larger tasks, a maximum cpu and disk threshold or percentage.
sobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 01:41 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobi View Post
I did wonder where I might post on a suggested keyboard shortcut on the main book list screen to swap title/author without having to go into metadata page. I find a lot of my older books that I've been collecting for a while need this.
This might help you. You can select multiple books one at a time by holding down the control key and selecting a book. Once you have a bunch of books selected then open the edit metadata window and swap the title and author by checking the box and clicking OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobi View Post
Another question about resource management is whether there is a way to select a less demanding background mode for larger tasks, a maximum cpu and disk threshold or percentage.
Go to Preferences - Miscellaneous and change Job priority to Low. This will ensure conversion jobs will not interfere in your normal operations. You can also go to Preferences - Miscellaneous and check the Limit the max. simultaneous jobs to the available cpu cores.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 12-14-2011 at 02:13 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2011, 02:12 AM   #3
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello sobi
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 08:42 AM   #4
Valmore Daniels
Grand Sorcerer
Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valmore Daniels ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Welcome to the boards, sobi
Valmore Daniels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:06 AM   #5
sobi
sobi began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks, all.
sobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert