Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-14-2010, 11:34 AM   #1
JewishMatt
JewishMatt began at the beginning.

Device: nook WiFi, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, and iMac 24"
eBook stores that use PayPal?

Hello, just bought my nook WiFi last night and I absolutely love it. The only problem is that the B&N eBook store doesn't accept PayPal, so I can't buy any eBooks. (It is my only source on money online, I am 14 and don't have a debit or credit card) None of the places I checked out accept PayPal, except for Amazon. If Amazon books can't be converted to ePub or another nook format, then can someone point me towards a store that accepts PayPal? Thanks!
JewishMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 11:35 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Baen accept PayPal, so if you like SF and Fantasy you'll be fine.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2010, 11:37 AM   #3
JewishMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Baen accept PayPal, so if you like SF and Fantasy you'll be fine.
Whoa. Quick response! Thanks, but I don't really like those kind of books.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:39 AM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Hi Matt,

Books On Board accepts PayPal and sell ePub's which use Adobe encryption. These can be "side loaded" to the Nook.

Many small publisher's accept PayPal through their own websites. If you like SciFi/Fantasy Webscription accepts PayPal and has books that are DRM free (as well as lots of great free books in their Free Library). Fictionwise also accepts PayPal IIRC.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 12:09 PM   #5
JewishMatt

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Hi Matt,

Books On Board accepts PayPal and sell ePub's which use Adobe encryption. These can be "side loaded" to the Nook.

Many small publisher's accept PayPal through their own websites. If you like SciFi/Fantasy Webscription accepts PayPal and has books that are DRM free (as well as lots of great free books in their Free Library). Fictionwise also accepts PayPal IIRC.
Thank you so much! Books on Board looks great!
Advert
Old 07-14-2010, 12:37 PM   #6
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Directebooks.com is another site that accepts Paypal.
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:07 PM   #7
JD78
Connoisseur
JD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notesJD78 can name that song in three notes

Device: None
Another option is to use paypal to buy B&N gift cards. B&N sells e-gift cards that are delivered straight to your email, i've used paypal for this and it works great. Another option is Bestbuy sells B&N eBook gift cards. You can purchase them online and pick them up at the store using Paypal as the payment method.
JD78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 04:44 PM   #8
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD78 View Post
Another option is to use paypal to buy B&N gift cards. B&N sells e-gift cards that are delivered straight to your email, i've used paypal for this and it works great. Another option is Bestbuy sells B&N eBook gift cards. You can purchase them online and pick them up at the store using Paypal as the payment method.
But you still need a CC registered with B&N for their DRM don't you?
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 05:17 AM   #9
nashira
Addict
nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40nashira is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
If you don't mind Indie books, there's also Smashwords (which is having a bit of a sale now, too).
nashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 03:29 PM   #10
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashira View Post
If you don't mind Indie books, there's also Smashwords (which is having a bit of a sale now, too).
Smashword takes PayPal. Wonder how I missed that?
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 04:16 PM   #11
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JewishMatt View Post
Hello, just bought my nook WiFi last night and I absolutely love it. The only problem is that the B&N eBook store doesn't accept PayPal, so I can't buy any eBooks. (It is my only source on money online, I am 14 and don't have a debit or credit card) None of the places I checked out accept PayPal, except for Amazon. If Amazon books can't be converted to ePub or another nook format, then can someone point me towards a store that accepts PayPal? Thanks!

http://www.baenebooks.com
(no DRM, multi-format)

The first book in a series is often free.

Click on Elizabeth Moon in the left hand column and try Sheepfarmer's Daughter (recommended).
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 10:20 PM   #12
VicLavigne
e-reading since 2008
VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!VicLavigne goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Nook STR, Sony PRS-T1
For the OP,

You can always buy a pay-as-you-go debit card from major retailers if you want to buy from a website that needs a CC. The disadvantage is that there are some small fees that are involved.

And if you have a paypal account, I'm not sure why you can't set up an online banking account. I use ING Direct for an online bank, and I have a debit card through them. Just have to send them money one way or other to deposit into the account.

Victor
VicLavigne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:37 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Why is this thread in the nook section when it's not nook specific and actually belongs in General?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote