Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 09-04-2004, 12:19 AM   #61
macrotor
Connoisseur
macrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it ismacrotor knows what time it is

Device: Tungsten|C with Nokia6200
If you seriously work with PDF files on your Palm, then you really can't go wrong with Repligo. It really is the best at PDF conversion. However, I don't use PDF enough to make it worth the cost.
macrotor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 05:54 PM   #62
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
I just downloaded the latest pdaConverter's latest beta, and it appears he STILL isn't complying with the license of quite a bit of the software he includes in there. He's got Plucker, Python, and quite a few other Free Software and Open Source products and projects in there, but he neglects to include the proper COPYING file and other related licenses, as required by those licenses.

He's been out of compliance since at least July of 2002, maybe earlier, when we talked to him about this exact issue.

I'll raise it again with him and see what he "forgot" this time.
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2011, 07:10 PM   #63
abk8445
abk8445 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tablet
I am a new member, very illiterate in conversion mechanism, html, epub, etc. and I am learning fast. What I am reading here seems to be helpful to my case. I have few technical and scientific books in PDF format. The TOC, Figures (some with chemical formulas) seem to be very stubborn in getting converted to epub (by Calibre). I will try the instructions in this thread and see if I can get anywhere. It is wonderful to be among experts. Of course any advice is greatly appreciated
abk8445 is offline   Reply With Quote