Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-13-2014, 11:36 AM   #1
mycurlylocks
Addict
mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Barnes and Noble to Discontinue Windows App

I'm assuming this will only affect their online reader. I don't use Nook for PC anyway.

http://247wallst.com/technology-3/20...ook-then-what/

I'm hoping this isn't the end of the Nook.

Last edited by mycurlylocks; 03-13-2014 at 11:58 AM.
mycurlylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:45 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
IMO, the really interesting bit of the announcement is the "Microsoft Consumer Reader". It looks like Microsoft want to get back into the ebook game by releasing an ebook reading application, presumably for Windows.

And it sounds like it will become the default app for use with the B&N ebook store.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2014, 12:05 PM   #3
mycurlylocks
Addict
mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mycurlylocks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Xbox team readying their own app? No way am I reading on my TV...
http://www.zdnet.com/microsoft-and-n...ks-7000027295/
Old 03-13-2014, 12:08 PM   #4
mycurlylocks
Addict

Now this article has me confused:
http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/b...er-coming.html

Quote:
The change in language does not relieve B&N from created e-bookstores in 10 countries, something a spokesperson said B&N will accomplish by the end of April.
This paragraph has me lost. I'm hoping this means they're adding new countries.
Old 03-13-2014, 12:10 PM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
B&N have to stop producing their own Windows ebook reading application, but they must set up online ebook stores in 10 countries, presumably for use by physical nooks and this new Windows application from Microsoft.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2014, 12:14 PM   #6
mycurlylocks
Addict

Thank you for the explanation. With the word 'created', I took it as bookstores opened in the past.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:48 PM   #7
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycurlylocks View Post
Now this article has me confused:
http://www.publishersweekly.com/pw/b...er-coming.html

This paragraph has me lost. I'm hoping this means they're adding new countries.
I assume the new B&N website that will be launched next month will have international support. Just like Amazon.com for countries without their own Amazon store.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 03:38 PM   #8
pl001
Evangelist
pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pl001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Color, EVO3D, Surface RT, Galaxy S5, Surface 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mycurlylocks View Post
Xbox team readying their own app? No way am I reading on my TV...
http://www.zdnet.com/microsoft-and-n...ks-7000027295/
XBOX services are integrated into Windows 8. That's where their streaming music and videos are at. It makes sense that books would become a part of this.
pl001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 11:11 AM   #9
hoichi
male solipsist pig
hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hoichi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch→Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by geertm View Post
I assume the new B&N website that will be launched next month will have international support. Just like Amazon.com for countries without their own Amazon store.
I've been waiting for B&N to sell ebooks in Russia ever since I've bought my ST. They might've had some of my money that went Kobo way even before I've switched to Aura HD.
hoichi is offline   Reply With Quote