Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 06-10-2011, 03:18 PM   #1
PhoenixTree
PhoenixTree began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Ran my book through epubcheck and got an error message. Help!

Can someone tell me what this means and how to fix it?

1.ERROR: spy-in-the-house-of-fitzwalter.epub: The file tmp_b6199802438ea49a9d6bf27eeedcf5e1_d5sAl2_html_m 593a74ff.png does not appear to be of type image/png
PhoenixTree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 07:19 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
It is a very clear message. The file has a .png but the image is not a png file, likely it is a jpg file.

By the way, this was posted in the wrong place. I moved it for you.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2011, 11:22 AM   #3
Linda Rae Blair
Linda Rae Blair began at the beginning.

Device: none
epub ERRORS ON THREEPRESS VALIDATOR

Receiving the following errors and have absolutely NO idea what I am supposed to do to fix them. Does anyone know what the heck this means?

1).epub/tmp_af8fff1ded3ce330cc30a251c1ae0968_BRZ8o5.ch.fix ed.fc.tidied.stylehacked.xfixed_split_003.html(194 3): attribute "width" not allowed here; expected attribute "abbr", "align", "axis", "char", "charoff", "class", "colspan", "dir", "headers", "id", "rowspan", "scope", "style", "title", "valign" or "xml:lang"

I converted to epub on Smashwords and haven't been able to eliminate this problem. I've gone through and narrowed the print page, have all my chapters tagged for the ncx, but these fixes haven't helped eliminate any of the above.
Linda Rae Blair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:53 PM   #4
st_albert
Guru
st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'st_albert gives new meaning to the word 'superlative.'

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linda Rae Blair View Post
Receiving the following errors and have absolutely NO idea what I am supposed to do to fix them. Does anyone know what the heck this means?

1).epub/tmp_af8fff1ded3ce330cc30a251c1ae0968_BRZ8o5.ch.fix ed.fc.tidied.stylehacked.xfixed_split_003.html(194 3): attribute "width" not allowed here; expected attribute "abbr", "align", "axis", "char", "charoff", "class", "colspan", "dir", "headers", "id", "rowspan", "scope", "style", "title", "valign" or "xml:lang"

I converted to epub on Smashwords and haven't been able to eliminate this problem. I've gone through and narrowed the print page, have all my chapters tagged for the ncx, but these fixes haven't helped eliminate any of the above.
I think this is a common smashwords problem. Do a search on "smashwords". I don't think the solution is within your power.
st_albert is offline   Reply With Quote