Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 12-16-2008, 03:08 PM   #1
mjhudston
All round good egg
mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple Ipad 3rd Generation
Converting Docs for Iphone 3G

I have many books stored as word documents, which I have converted to LRF using Book Creater for my Sony PRS505.

Is there any way I can do the same for these word files so I can store them on and read them using my Iphone 3G or IPod Touch?

Or is there a secure online site where I can upload the documents so I can view them remotely, as a fall back to the above?

Mike
mjhudston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 05:07 PM   #2
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Calibre now includes a webserver for Stanza.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 05:24 PM   #3
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Or you could upload the word docs to Google Docs for online viewing, not really ideal though.
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 07:47 PM   #4
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Hmm, you could get one of the file storage and viewing programs for the iPhone like

Air Sharing and Files.

They both support viewing of Word files, and are quiet decent. The drawback is that you cant change the font size, though you can do a pinch zoom.

Files has a free version, called Files lite which you can try out to see whether or not you want to pony up the $5-10 for the full app.

Air Share doesn't have a free version to try out, but its on sale over the next couple of days, so you may want to just grab it.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 05:42 AM   #5
mjhudston
All round good egg
mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks guys. Thats Brilliant.

Im going with Files Lite at the moment, as it was so easy to set up and move stuff over.

IF it works out, I will be using the Full version.

So far, Ive gone from an Nokia 95, with an iPod Touch and a PRC505 - looks like all can be incorporated in to the handy little iPhone 3G (Im not going to get rid of the 505 anytime soon though)
Old 12-17-2008, 07:36 AM   #6
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhudston View Post
Thanks guys. Thats Brilliant.
Im going with Files Lite at the moment, as it was so easy to set up and move stuff over.
IF it works out, I will be using the Full version.
So far, Ive gone from an Nokia 95, with an iPod Touch and a PRC505 - looks like all can be incorporated in to the handy little iPhone 3G (Im not going to get rid of the 505 anytime soon though)
Glad your happy with the solution.
I'm currently using both air share and files Lite and am considering getting the full version of files, mainly for it's ability to bookmark your place within documents.
So an keeping an eye out for a sale ( app sniper is great for this)
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:44 AM   #7
mjhudston
All round good egg

Has anyone noticed any issues with files? It seems to crash on loading large files >500K?
Old 03-13-2009, 08:32 AM   #8
ChrisZA
Enthusiast
ChrisZA will become famous soon enoughChrisZA will become famous soon enoughChrisZA will become famous soon enoughChrisZA will become famous soon enoughChrisZA will become famous soon enoughChrisZA will become famous soon enough

Device: iPhone
MUCH easier way to convert all AND transfer:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42023
ChrisZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 03:51 AM   #9
george-harrison
george-harrison began at the beginning.

Device: none
Yes ,it seems to crash on loading large files.
george-harrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:01 AM   #10
Jill75
Zealot
Jill75 doesn't litterJill75 doesn't litter

If your IPhone supports MS word, then you can upload your files in Windows Live Office and access it from there. It can be also shared and corrected and stored in the same link or website. Works great for me!
Jill75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 03:06 AM   #11
george-harrison
george-harrison began at the beginning.

Thanks I can open files without a problem.
george-harrison is offline   Reply With Quote