Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-25-2008, 05:00 PM   #31
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
There is another BIN for $699.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-AMAZON-KINDL...3A1|240%3A1318

This is ridiculous. How stupid do you have to be to spend that much money because you have to have it NOW.
Wait.........they are offering free shipping, UPS ground. If you want it faster, you have to pay more.

The greed people show never ceases to amaze me.

Last edited by desertgrandma; 11-25-2008 at 05:01 PM. Reason: included link
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 05:20 PM   #32
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
The greed people show never ceases to amaze me.
I agree. I don't like poachers. If people didn't buy from these people... the market would dry up and they would be available directly.

Then again, the people buying them are willing to pay the money... what can you do?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2008, 11:30 AM   #33
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I ordered mine after Nate but within a couple of hours of when it first was available. As a frequent insomnia sufferer I was already up and working on my PC. My email receipt is dated at 11/19/2007 8:50am but I know that I ordered it before 7am EST. It was a borderline impulse buy, I was looking for a replacement for reading on my Palm T|X and knew I didn't like the Sony 505 ergonomics but the Kindle looked like it might do the trick. I'm glad that I didn't wait to order because I had my Kindle 2 days later (should've opted for overnight shipping) and if I'd ordered later that morning then it would've been weeks before I'd seen it.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 11:44 AM   #34
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
kindle on auction for $1050 starting price. insane.

to the credit of the masses, i notice that while there are only 4 days left on a 10-day auction, there are no bids yet (of course, that doesn't mean some idiot with more money than they know what to do with won't "snap it up" at the last minute. )

i notice the seller is playing the oprah card. i also notice they claim that "these prices won't last" (i should hope not), "THEY WILL CONTINUE TO ESCALATE AS THE HOLIDAY APPROACHES."
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 10:16 PM   #35
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
I ordered mine after Nate but within a couple of hours of when it first was available. As a frequent insomnia sufferer I was already up and working on my PC. My email receipt is dated at 11/19/2007 8:50am but I know that I ordered it before 7am EST. It was a borderline impulse buy, I was looking for a replacement for reading on my Palm T|X and knew I didn't like the Sony 505 ergonomics but the Kindle looked like it might do the trick. I'm glad that I didn't wait to order because I had my Kindle 2 days later (should've opted for overnight shipping) and if I'd ordered later that morning then it would've been weeks before I'd seen it.
I hesitated until the reviews came in on 11/20. It seems silly in retrospect since Amazon's return policy is so good. I ended up waiting until early December. Within a few hours of my order, the wait had grown to after Christmas. Then I decided to upgrade my shipping since I was THAT excited and the site wasn't showing my ship date for awhile. I nearly burst a vein in my head. I actually called tech support (which is something I rarely, rarely do) and fortunately it was fine.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert