Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #1
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Sigil 0.7.1 Released

Please see the my blog for the full release announcement.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 01:11 PM   #2
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool book browser

Maybe I didn't understand things when this issue was discussed in the 7.0 thread, but the book browser still will not dock and will not minimize.

alansplace is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2013, 02:38 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by alansplace View Post
Maybe I didn't understand things when this issue was discussed in the 7.0 thread, but the book browser still will not dock and will not minimize.

Confirmed XP SP3 (it may be worse, I remember only the Book browser having this problem. Now the TOC is into the mix )

Note: I now keep a backup of a good Sigil.ini. Restoring this reseats the detached windows.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #4
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cool poor behavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Confirmed XP SP3 (it may be worse, I remember only the Book browser having this problem. Now the TOC is into the mix )

Note: I now keep a backup of a good Sigil.ini. Restoring this reseats the detached windows.
First off, I made the assumption that since the TOC comes as a default open and docked that the book browser would get fixed to behave the same way, but alas, that didn't happen.

Now you say that the TOC is acting similarly , but it's not doing that on my Win 7 installation (I have no XP system). Thank the powers of the universe for that small favor.

So will this,IMHO poor behavior, ever be dealt with?

Old 03-03-2013, 03:13 PM   #5
user_none
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
So will this,IMHO poor behavior, ever be dealt with?
Since it's Windows only and the code is exactly the same for OS X and Linux, no. I'm chalking this up to as bug in Qt 5 on Windows. Unless someone can show me otherwise it won't be fixed until Qt fixes the issue.
Advert
Old 03-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #6
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool the book browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
Since it's Windows only and the code is exactly the same for OS X and Linux, no. I'm chalking this up to as bug in Qt 5 on Windows. Unless someone can show me otherwise it won't be fixed until Qt fixes the issue.
Okay, I understand that and respect your decision, but a question does occur to me. Is there a reason as to why the book browser can't be coded just like the TOC so it'd behave in the same way? Thanks.

Old 03-03-2013, 03:26 PM   #7
user_none

Quote:
Okay, I understand that and respect your decision, but a question does occur to me. Is there a reason as to why the book browser can't be coded just like the TOC so it'd behave in the same way?
It is coded the same way. They about both QDockWidget. The only real difference between the two are two functions that have nothing to do with docking or their geometry settings.
Old 03-03-2013, 03:35 PM   #8
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer

Cool Wow!

Quote:
It is coded the same way. They about both QDockWidget. The only real difference between the two are two functions that have nothing to do with docking or their geometry settings.
Wow! That is quite a bug! Thanks for satisfying my curiosity.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:04 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Unhappy Book Browser Alphabetising

It has happened 4 times.

I renamed files (eg tp01)
I generated a HTML TOC to replace the existing one

Both cases, some files found their way to the bottom of the List without my consent

XP SP3
Old 03-03-2013, 04:11 PM   #10
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
The image view is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you! Thank you!
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:33 PM   #11
sellew
Enthusiast
sellew has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sellew has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sellew has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.sellew has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-650, PRS-T2
Now the cursor sync with the window preview works flawlessly! A very big thank you!
sellew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:44 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
It is not a problem under Windows 7. It seems to be a Windows XP issue.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:55 PM   #13
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
It has happened 4 times.

I renamed files (eg tp01)
I generated a HTML TOC to replace the existing one

Both cases, some files found their way to the bottom of the List without my consent
The bottom of which list? The HTML TOC or the Book Browser?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
The image view is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you! Thank you!
You're welcome. Once you open it to view you can easily hit ESC to close it, and it will open in the same place if you open a new image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sellew View Post
Now the cursor sync with the window preview works flawlessly! A very big thank you!
You're welcome.

@crutledge, DiapDealer - the OPF update issue for adding Semantics is definitely an issue and easily fixed for the next version. Thanks for pointing it out.

You may also notice that the tooltips listing what files have semantics on them in the Book Browser don't update when the filenames changes, etc. so this will also be fixed.

@crutledge, and others: What you are apparently asking for is another option in Find & Replace for searching in Selected Text. This is on the issue log to look at. It would work for Count All and Replace All within the range of text that you select. It wouldn't work well for Find or Replace since once you Find or Replace/Find the selected (highlighted) text would change.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:30 PM   #14
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
...since once you Find or Replace/Find the selected (highlighted) text would change.

That is why ducks wanted to look between markers. That would accomplish the same thing. I have been trying to control one table which is data, without affecting the other which is a table of contents.
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #15
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
The bottom of which list? The HTML TOC or the Book Browser?
Book Browser. Which (obviously) will affect any TOC generated afterwards
So the questions are: What caused this
If it was simply a fumble, what can be done (UI wise) to deflect this .

IMHO Delete should be in its own separator divided box at the bottom. Get it as far away from tame operations.

I admit to bing a Klutz. And as I get older,I get Klutzier