Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-27-2012, 01:33 AM   #1
Thorrun
Thorrun began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH1800
Moon+Reader Pro

I am new to Android OS and any help with Moon+Reader pro will be appreciated. I started with the free version and sync'd books from my PC stored in Calibre. Everything worked fine, reading and operating M+R was no broblem until I decided to buy the Pro version to eliminate the adverts. Having installed it I uninstalled the free version which is where the problem started, M+R Pro does not find the books, or more correctly does find the book files on the sd card (two copies) but does not import them into the reader to open. The choice offered is :/sdcard/Books/.MoonReader or local files Dropbox. I have only just installed Dropbox which contains no books to date.
Many thanks.
Thorrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 04:58 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Please use the forums correctly - it keeps things tidy and maximises your changes of getting the assistance that you want. Android questions belong in the Android forum. I'm moving this thread to that forum.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2012, 07:08 AM   #3
Thorrun
Thorrun began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab SCH1800
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Please use the forums correctly - it keeps things tidy and maximises your changes of getting the assistance that you want. Android questions belong in the Android forum. I'm moving this thread to that forum.
Thankyou, I was undecided whether it should be posted there or with book reader problems.
Thorrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 07:16 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
No problem .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:36 AM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorrun View Post
Having installed it I uninstalled the free version which is where the problem started, M+R Pro does not find the books, or more correctly does find the book files on the sd card (two copies) but does not import them into the reader to open.
You need to point Moon+ Reader Pro to the books location. Go to Menu - Options - Main folder navigate via the back arrows and directories until you find the directory where you have your books then say OK. The Pro version works the same way the free version worked so I'm unsure why you are running into difficulty.

Personally I use the Calibre Companion (CC) app to manage and launch my books. I never import books into Moon+ Reader any more I simply connect my Nexus 7 to calibre via CC transfer my books to my Nexus then use CC to launch the book and have it set to open my ePubs in Moon+ Reader Pro.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert