Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-20-2011, 03:03 AM   #1
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Amazon doesn't like my Calibre conversion

Amazon sent me the following message. I only have the kindle viewer for PC but in all these locations in the different device previews my bullets show as asterisks. Can someone explain to me what "aEUC/" formatting is?

I converted an ePub to mobi in Calibre. In fact I've done 12. I'm worried I'll get similar messages about the other ones.

Cheers

Quote:
During a quality assurance review of your title, we have found the following issue(s):

Content is not appearing as intended on Kindle devices. This is typically caused by conversion issues with your file. Please see our help pages and re-upload your content.

Examples:
*loc; 4335; "aEUC/ Total Bilirubin" should be " *Total Bilirubin".
*loc; 4345; "aEUC/ Blood Proteins (manufactured by the liver)" Bullet points are replaced with "aEUC/".
*loc; 4377,4825,.... Bullet points are formatted as "aEUC/". In many location. 20 instances.

Please look for the same kind of errors throughout and make the necessary corrections to the title before republishing it.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 07:04 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
It means that instead of a * appearing in the text when viewed they're seeing the text aEUC/.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote