Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 07-07-2010, 07:07 AM   #1
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Anyone using the Dell Streak?

The Dell Streak is only available in the UK at the moment but I am seriously considering getting one. Did anyone get one of those monsters? How is it, performance, screen, battery life? Most I have read is positive.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 03:00 PM   #2
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Not using the Streak, myself, but here is a real good review, very in depth. It is a review of the UK Dell Streak.

Engadet Dell Streak review

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-07-2010, 07:56 PM   #3
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Not using the Streak, myself, but here is a real good review, very in depth. It is a review of the UK Dell Streak.

Engadet Dell Streak review

=X=
Thanks, but I have seen that before. XDA-developers now also has a Streak subforum. But none of those are readers.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:19 PM   #4
iloveroman
iloveroman has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Dell Streak
yup I am. I've been wanting a ebook reader for ages but couldn't justify it so I got this as my new phone/ebook reader on the side.
i've found myself using it primarily for reading books. Fab. What it loses in not being quite big enough is made for by my taking it everywhere with me... i always have it to hand so always have a book to hand! I don't think you could say that for the ipad! The screen is certainly adequate in size though , it is responsive and there are plenty of good ebook apps.

It's also excellent for internet browsing. Really quick with wireless and the screen size makes everything actually viewable.

I've had it 2 weeks now and the battery is yet to run out on me at unfortunate moment! If I don't charge it overnight it'll go most of the next day with moderate use.

I've also had no problem at all carrying it in my pocket!!!! Stupid reviewers.

Drawbacks - not being able to rotate 360 annoys me and I find the phone to be really difficult to hear.

Overall I'm really happy with it as a phone/internet browser and most definitly as an ebook reader1
iloveroman is offline   Reply With Quote