Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-18-2010, 04:35 PM   #1
stratman
stratman began at the beginning.

Device: nook
HTML2EPUB Command Line for splitting chapters

I'm looking for the command line code to split chapters. The html code used for the chapter head is:

<p class=ChapterHeading-Digital>

Using the latest version of Calibre I successfully get chapter breaks using this XPath statement under structure detection:

//*[@class="ChapterHeading-Digital"]

What is the correct syntax for using this XPath string against the command line:

--content
stratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:21 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
--chapter='//*[@class="ChapterHeading-Digital"]'
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2010, 09:09 AM   #3
stratman

Thasnks for getting back to me -- that was a typo on my part: I meant --chapter

We have tried variations of this string without success, but I will try it exactly as displayed and let you know.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:38 AM   #4
stratman

--chapter='//*[@class="ChapterHeading-Digital"]' did not work. The actual code from the html file is:
<p class=ChapterHeading-Digital>Chapter One</p>

Is this a syntax issue or could some other command line be interfering?
Old 01-20-2010, 11:34 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No, that looks correct
Advert
Old 01-22-2010, 09:20 AM   #6
stratman

Sorry, Kovid. That line of code did not split the chapters.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:26 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

First off the correct command is ebook-convert not html2epub (int the 0.6 series). And I suggest you read the section on conversion in the User Manual to understand how chapter splitting works.