Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > IMP

Notices

Old 05-08-2008, 01:39 PM   #1
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Visual Aid?

Hi Fellow EBookwise Fans!

I'm not posting this personal info to get sympathy, but to explain the reason for my question: Is there is a way to increase the font size on my EB-1150 beyound the larger selection under the menu? I've been losing my eyesight for the past 3 years, and suddenly yesterday I went blind in the left eye. (tested 3/40 as opposed to 20/20) The vitreous gel detached from the retina, blood hemorrhaging into the eye, etc. Surgery will involve putting many sharp things into my eyeball - Go figure, a girl spends her life trying to keep sharp things OUT of her eye.

I dread going to audiobooks because they are so slow versus my faster reading rate. I know that if the font increase can be done, someone at this forum will know how. (Please use simple language, as I'm sort of simple myself)

(Typing with one good eye, sitting much too close to the monitor, with the view bumped up to 150%, so please excuse any typos)
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 01:40 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
DixieGal if you use Firefox, you can have your posts automatically spell checked for you. I use it and I would be posting messages with typos all over the place if not for Firefox. Also, firefox will allow you to increase the font size of the forum. Internet Explorer does not allow that. So you won't have to bump up the font size f your posts in order to see well. And it also means the entire forum will be large enough for you to see.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2008, 01:48 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i'm not sure how much control over font size we have on the eb1150, especially after the book-making process. i'm pretty sure once the book is on the device, you can only choose between 2 sizes. perhaps you can specify a larger font size when you creat the books, so if you make your own in the future you can try it out.

possibly a better solution might be to try an e-ink device : there is another member of the forum who is legally blind (i beleive his pseudo is Utahcowboy, you might search for his posts) and was able to read on an e-ink device (some of them allow much greater control of the display than the eb1150).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:37 PM   #4
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i'm not sure how much control over font size we have on the eb1150, especially after the book-making process. i'm pretty sure once the book is on the device, you can only choose between 2 sizes.
That's correct. Once the ebook has been generated and the source .html is no longer available, you only can change between the two sizes on the eb 1150 that were previously chosen when it was created.

Please note that the two font sizes in any ebook on the eb 1150 will have the base font (usually 'small', but sometimes 'x-small') plus will increase it by two steps up i.e. 'small' base font increases to 'large' on the eb 1150.

Quote:
perhaps you can specify a larger font size when you creat the books, so if you make your own in the future you can try it out.
Grab the attachment REBTestDocument.imp, if you haven't already done so. Load it onto your ebook and go to page 9 therein. There it will show the various sizes of (default) Serif font with the size number corresponding to 1 = xx-small, 2 = x-small, 3 = small, 4 = medium, 5 = large and 6 = x-large. Two pages over you will see the same thing for the Sans-serif font (used for headings). On page 67 is a comparison of the size number and the font (name) size.

So to make this work using your eb 1150, you would need access to the source .html (<body> tag only) and change the font-size using at least :
Code:
<BODY style="font-size:large">
or
Code:
<BODY style="font-size:x-large">
I would recommend using the 'large' font size first and if that is comfortable, try the smaller 'medium' font size afterwards.

Quote:
possibly a better solution might be to try an e-ink device : there is another member of the forum who is legally blind (i beleive his pseudo is Utahcowboy, you might search for his posts) and was able to read on an e-ink device (some of them allow much greater control of the display than the eb1150).
This may be a better long-term solution as always having access to the source limits your book choices to PG and PD books.

* USEFUL PLUG *
By the way, you could also use Mobi2IMP to convert a .prc ebook version and then edit the resulting .html to include the revised <BODY style="font-size:large"> and recreate the eb 1150 version using eBook Publisher. If you want to try it and get stuck, just ask here.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 05:56 PM   #5
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Found a solution

This worked for books saved as .txt.
  1. "Create new" in EBookwise Librarian.
  2. Click on "advanced" button.
  3. Select font size
  4. OK
And it worked great, looks best as "larger" because "largest" selection is only 3 or 4 words per line on the reader.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert