Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-18-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
barba
Enthusiast
barba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughingbarba can shake the floor when laughing

Device: Kindle Touch, Paperwhite 1 and Nook HD+ rooted
Collections Manager MP3 and Images

After I install CollectionsManager the MP3 I have in Music Directory appears and I can put them in a Collection and the player changed.
Is it a feature of Collections Manager?
Also appears two new collectons inside the Mp3 collction I create with the following names: Images and Previous issues.

Both with "nothing included". I try to put a magazine inside the Previous issues but I can't.

What are this collections?
barba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 08:28 AM   #2
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by barba View Post
After I install CollectionsManager the MP3 I have in Music Directory appears and I can put them in a Collection and the player changed.
Is it a feature of Collections Manager?
Also appears two new collectons inside the Mp3 collction I create with the following names: Images and Previous issues.

Both with "nothing included". I try to put a magazine inside the Previous issues but I can't.

What are this collections?
These are so-called "dynamic collections" - their content is "calculated" on demand from the existing files. You cannot do anything useful with them in Collections Manager, because CM sees them as "normal" items, not as collections (and indeed, they aren't normal collections that you can manually modify). The only thing that you can do to them is change their home screen visibility (and possibly file them into another collection, but I'm not 100% sure about the latter).

PS: Please post such questions in the CM thread, because that's where they belong. (Or, in general: post questions relating to a particular software in that SW's "original" thread). There are multiple advantages of doing so: first, it guarantees that the developer will actually notice your question. Second, the question will be in the relevant thread for others to notice it. Third, it will remain in the relevant thread forever, for others to find it at a later time.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert