Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 12-05-2003, 09:23 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Forum & Server Change

"Alle Jahre Wieder..." goes the German Christmas song and it reflects pretty well my habit of changing servers on a yearly basis! Fact is that I need to renew my subscription, and thus I am thinking of switching to another, faster host.

In addition, a new version of our forum software, vBulletin, is out: V3.0 Gamma. If things don't go totally wrong, I will hopefully succeed this weekend to re-adjust this software's templates to our website layout.

I will keep you updated, of course.

In the meantime, why don't you discuss what you want to buy me for christmas?
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2003, 07:32 PM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Update 1:

- Successfully mirrored the site to the new server. Old server IP: http://209.151.85.177, new server IP: http://66.150.196.37.

- Changed the dns servers - now wait for it to fully propagate.

As soon as the dns servers are fully propagated, I will move the forum database to the new server and completely disable the old site. In the meantime, database responses may be slow - this will only be temporarily until the database has been moved.

Also note that you may have to relogin to the forum.

Alex
Advert
Old 12-07-2003, 09:33 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Update 2:

- Database transferred to new server. Transfer now complete.

Connectivity should have improved now, at least European users will feel a nice speed-up.
Old 12-08-2003, 05:42 AM   #4
drc54
Enthusiast
drc54 began at the beginning.

Device: Palm m515, now TX
Alexander,
Good job. Didn't feel any pain. Well, at around 8:30am Singapore time, I did try to connect, but got gibberish reply. So I presume the network plumbing have not not settled down.

Anyway, just now I got connected (presumable your new site), and didn't have to enter my login details. Just click the bookmark and I'm on the system.
drc54 is offline   Reply With Quote