Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-12-2012, 09:16 AM   #1
surfinjoey
surfinjoey began at the beginning.

Device: none
Exclamation i'd like to buy an entourage edge

hi everybody
im from italy and i'd really love to buy an entourage edge (the big one).
is anyone seling one?
does anyone know if there is a website who is selling one at the moment? it seems like they are all sold out!
please help me!!!!
surfinjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:17 AM   #2
surfinjoey
surfinjoey began at the beginning.

Device: none
if you want to email me my email address is surfinjoey@gmail.com
surfinjoey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:45 PM   #3
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
There are some on ebay now, but you may have trouble getting one shipped to Italy. Check this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=178237 I think the same seller has a few more (not positive, but I have gotten emails from ebay saying there are new items for sale).

Good luck!!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 04:54 AM   #4
pumana
pumana began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge 10.1in
I bought one from this seller, the parts are new, with cable and power supply, without packaging. everything has worked out great. Unfortunately he is not sent outside the U.S., but you can use a forwarding service.

a funny question: in my university library the books are with a anti-theft alarms, and with my new Edge the alarm peeps every time at the entrance? Is there perhaps a sensor inside that could cause it?

Last edited by pumana; 06-13-2012 at 05:01 AM.
pumana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:06 AM   #5
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by pumana View Post
a funny question: in my university library the books are with a anti-theft alarms, and with my new Edge the alarm peeps every time at the entrance? Is there perhaps a sensor inside that could cause it?
Without knowing what type of anti-theft device your university is using it is difficult to say what is causing the EE to make a sound.

The other thing, is your EE powered on or off when you go through the scanner?
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 07:56 AM   #6
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
I have an alarm fob that will set off alarms when entering and leaving some stores; especially the liquor store. Not sure what's up with that...
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:06 AM   #7
pumana
pumana began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Edge 10.1in
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
The other thing, is your EE powered on or off when you go through the scanner?
Both. In hibernation too, but it unfortunately can not wakeup from hibernation any time (I already read about the hibernation bug, yes ). I thought perhaps these EDGEs are stolen, and therefore they are detected by the alarm system in my library as such .
pumana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:07 PM   #8
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
It sounds as if the library is using some form of inductance sensing unit. If that is so then it will most probably be the wacom stylus that is setting off the alarm.

You could test that by just taking the stylus with you the next time you go - if it setts off the alarm you have your answer.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:42 PM   #9
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Hi pumana, welcome!

I set off alarms when I go in and out of stores, too. Have been thinking for some time it might be my PE (in hibernation) but never bothered to find out for sure!

The funny thing is nobody ever looks up or asks me to show them what's in my bag or anything! How effective can these alarms be if no-one pays attention??!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 06:52 AM   #10
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
...The funny thing is nobody ever looks up or asks me to show them what's in my bag or anything! How effective can these alarms be if no-one pays attention??!
It is like car alarms, every car has one and no one cares anymore.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
edge, entourage, entourage edge