Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 04-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #601
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
I'm sorry,
this thread has 40 pages, almost 600 post, spread over many months time.
I'm not going to remember each one of them,and I'm not going to re-read the whole thread every time someone posts. and there's bound to be some repetition in a 600 post thread.
You are right but the reference was fully shown in the post you were responding to. No need to research the full thread, just to read the full entry. That is why I posted the quote to provide the context. Posting the full or part of the article you are referring to is designed to provide context so you don't have to search, just read.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:48 PM   #602
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binh.nt View Post
Now that there are 600posts here.
I intended to have a JBC or M92.
Anyone please help to confirm if we can read .doc and .xls files in JBC? And we can edit as well?
M92 background color is more easy to read than JBC ?
Thanks.
No, No, and No!

JBC supports RTF, and PDF, and a bunch of other formats.
MS office is something you won't easily find on a reading device, especially not excel files.

It is a reading device,not a computer.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 07:57 PM   #603
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No, No, and No!

MS office is something you won't easily find on a reading device, especially not excel files.

It is not out of the realm of possibility. This is a WinCE device and there are applications called Pocket Word and Pocket Excel that will run under that OS. There not as full featured as their Windows cousins but they do exist.

Dale
Old 04-23-2012, 09:48 PM   #604
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
mind you i have been reading word and excel files on eink readers for 3 years now. not only isnt it out of the realm of possibility its something that should be included on a large format device being sold this year especially if its windows based
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:07 AM   #605
Valentinka
Zealot
Valentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle DXG, Sony PRS-T1, M92, iPad 3, ex-JetBook Color
I just received my black Onyx M92 today. It has the application "Picsel File Viewer" installed which opened my xls and docs files with no problem.
I really enjoy my new M92. I love its screen, its speed, its features. I even don't want to take my time comparing M92 with JBC. They are not even close. It is like comparing high quality electronics with the junk ones.

Last edited by Valentinka; 04-24-2012 at 01:10 AM.
Valentinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:04 AM   #606
Binh.nt
Binh.nt began at the beginning.

Device: m92 from Alibaba.com
Quote:
No, No, and No!

You know, sometimes we download such files from the net to our readers, it is really annoyed to go to the desktop to convert for reading, right ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
It is not out of the realm of possibility. This is a WinCE device and there are applications called Pocket Word and Pocket Excel that will run under that OS. There not as full featured as their Windows cousins but they do exist.

Dale
Yeah, I agree too, and there may be possibilities in the future update for JBC.
Anyway, I am not fond of WinCE now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
mind you i have been reading word and excel files on eink readers for 3 years now. not only isnt it out of the realm of possibility its something that should be included on a large format device being sold this year especially if its windows based

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valentinka View Post
I just received my black Onyx M92 today. It has the application "Picsel File Viewer" installed which opened my xls and docs files with no problem.
I really enjoy my new M92. I love its screen, its speed, its features. I even don't want to take my time comparing M92 with JBC. They are not even close. It is like comparing high quality electronics with the junk ones.
Really !? Oh, I am just wondering and had posted a thread in the Onyx forum to confirm this possibility. Thank you very much.
Now I will only choose between Hanwang E920 and Boox M92. But I have checked the price of E920 in china, ¥2830 ( $450 ). Comparing to $429 of M92. It is not that easy to decide
Binh.nt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 12:23 AM   #607
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Binh.nt View Post
You know, sometimes we download such files from the net to our readers, it is really annoyed to go to the desktop to convert for reading, right ?

Yeah, I agree too, and there may be possibilities in the future update for JBC.
Anyway, I am not fond of WinCE now.

Really !? Oh, I am just wondering and had posted a thread in the Onyx forum to confirm this possibility. Thank you very much.
Now I will only choose between Hanwang E920 and Boox M92. But I have checked the price of E920 in china, ¥2830 ( $450 ). Comparing to $429 of M92. It is not that easy to decide
I tested Onyx M92 and I don't like it. It was freezed several times during the 20 minutes of testing. JBC is much better device.
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 02:14 AM   #608
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Just to be clear, the Hanvon E920 is the same device as the Hanvon C920, except without the
color filters. Also, that the JBC is the same device as the Hanvon C920, except with diferent
firmware.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 12:29 PM   #609
Valentinka
Zealot
Valentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura aboutValentinka has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Just to be clear, the Hanvon E920 is the same device as the Hanvon C920, except without the
color filters. Also, that the JBC is the same device as the Hanvon C920, except with diferent
firmware.

Luck;
Ken
By the way, why most of us have decided that the color filters make JBC's screen SO gray? Maybe the problem is not in color filters but the kind of eInk display Hanvon uses? Has somebody ever observed Hanvon E920's screen? Is its backround whiter? It could be interesting if somebody could compare the screens of Hanvon C920 (or JBC) and Hanvon E920... Maybe they are equally gray and color filters have nothing to do with making the screen so gray?

Last edited by Valentinka; 04-28-2012 at 12:43 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 03:55 PM   #610
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

less grey means less color output.
There's a law that you just can't bend physically.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #611
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
no valentinka it is the color filter that makes the display have a back ground that is more gray than it other wise would have. seen them in person myself and you can see it simply by looking at your Kindle DXG or M92
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:29 PM   #612
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
no valentinka it is the color filter that makes the display have a back ground that is more gray than it other wise would have. seen them in person myself and you can see it simply by looking at your Kindle DXG or M92

That is exactly what one would expect given the nature of the technology. The brightness of the display is due to reflected light which much pass through all of the layers of the display twice. Any filters would, of necessity reduce the brightness of the background of the display.

Dale
Old 04-30-2012, 07:51 PM   #613
Valentinka
Zealot

Quote:
Dulin's Books,

Thanks for the answer. So you saw in person Hanvon E920's screen and it looks similar (in terms of whiter screen background) to DXG and M92 if comparing to JBC? Yes, it makes sense. Just wanted to check with somebody who ever observed Hanvon E920 in person...
Old 04-30-2012, 08:40 PM   #614
ProDigit
Karmaniac

yes but from the photo's provided, the E920 almost has no color at all!
The way I see it, it's just as B&W as regular e-ink screen.

The JBC does not have a very high color contrast (or saturation), but the E920 is much worse! (at least from the preliminary photo's I've seen).
Old 04-30-2012, 08:46 PM   #615
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
yes but from the photo's provided, the E920 almost has no color at all!
The way I see it, it's just as B&W as regular e-ink screen.

The JBC does not have a very high color contrast (or saturation), but the E920 is much worse! (at least from the preliminary photo's I've seen).
The E920 is Black & "White", it's the C920 that is "Color" and is the same as the JBC.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ectaco, jetbook color, jetbook color review