Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-08-2009, 08:19 PM   #1
Brad I
Brad I began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Kindle 2 update just applied

I am a Kindle 2 newb. But noticed when I turned on wireless on my Kindle 2 about 10 minutes ago and an update started. Anyone know what's in the update?
Brad I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:22 PM   #2
stevenmoy
Zealot
stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

2.0.1 has been reported not containing any feature update.
stevenmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-08-2009, 08:24 PM   #3
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad I View Post
I am a Kindle 2 newb. But noticed when I turned on wireless on my Kindle 2 about 10 minutes ago and an update started. Anyone know what's in the update?
Welcome to MobileRead, Brad.

What is the version of update? If you email Kindle Support, they will be able to answer your question.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 08:27 PM   #4
Brad I

let me see if I can figure out what version this is
Old 03-08-2009, 08:29 PM   #5
stevenmoy
Zealot
stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

From Home, Menu, Settings, look at the bottom of the screen
Advert
Old 03-08-2009, 08:29 PM   #6
Brad I

Ok, I found it. Version (303870012)
Old 03-08-2009, 08:30 PM   #7
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad I View Post
Ok, I found it. Version (303870012)
Um....I don't think thats the version. Sounds more like a serial number

The version on mine, for instance (I have a K1) is 1.2
Old 03-08-2009, 08:32 PM   #8
stevenmoy
Zealot

The long string posted by Brad I is a machine friendly number, there should be some number in front like 2.0 or 2.0.1 <-- that's the user friendly number.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:32 PM   #9
Brad I

sorry, my numlock was off. it's 2.0.1 and build (303870012)
Old 03-08-2009, 08:33 PM   #10
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Here is the Kindle support info.........a quick phone call should answer your question.

To reach Kindle Support via phone or e-mail, please click the Customer Service button in the Contact Us box in the right-hand column of this page. Contacting us through the Web site allows you to verify security before a call is placed and ensures we have your account information ready when we call you. Our live customer service associates are available from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. Pacific Standard Time, seven days a week. You can also reach us by calling one of these numbers:

Inside the United States: 1-866-321-8851
Outside the United States: 1-206-266-0927
Old 03-08-2009, 08:34 PM   #11
stevenmoy
Zealot

2.0.1 compared to 2.0 doesn't reveal any feature updates. Earlier report that compared the release code under GPL indicate some changes in the display driver and some fixes in the kernel.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:35 PM   #12
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
Uhhh, don't call Kindle Support. That's the normal Kindle 2 2.0.1 update, and no, we don't know what they fixed in it.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:06 PM   #13
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
Uhhh, don't call Kindle Support. That's the normal Kindle 2 2.0.1 update, and no, we don't know what they fixed in it.
uhhh..........if he wants to know whats in the update, why shouldn't he call KS?

He knows its a regular update, his question was what it was for.

Since no one here knows, KS should.........or could at least research it.
Old 03-08-2009, 10:29 PM   #14
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
KS doesn't know and it would just be a waste of his time and theirs.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 10:51 PM   #15
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirbruce View Post
KS doesn't know and it would just be a waste of his time and theirs.
Do you know KS doesn't know? Have you asked?

I don't think asking questions is ever a waste of time.......