Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-19-2013, 11:05 AM   #1
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP ipac RX5915 Wife's Kindle
Sigil Problem???

The attached epub has passed through Sigil 7.3 with no problems found. It also displays in ADE with no problems. It is quite a large book.

Wnen sent to kindlepreviewer a report of "file does not exist or is corrupt."

Calibre produces an LRF which seems to run OK, and produces a MOBI which will not run.

I can't find anything wrong with the epub.
Attached Files
File Type: epub The Pharaoh and the Priest.epub (2.34 MB, 185 views)
crutledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:51 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
No issues with KindlePreviewer here....
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2013, 08:55 PM   #3
Tex2002ans
Wizard
Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tex2002ans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Nook
No issues on my end either.
Tex2002ans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 10:00 PM   #4
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Are you using Calibre to convert or KindleGen?

Calibre converts it Ok for me

What version of kindle previewer? I think the latest is 2.91, which I used

Do other converted epubs preview ok?

You might try changing Calibre's convert options

Finally, this is the AZW3 after I converted, so try opening it with KP

Good luck

Paul

PS. If all else fails, restart your computer
Attached Files
File Type: azw3 The Pharaoh and the Priest - Prus, Boleslaw.azw3 (2.82 MB, 139 views)
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 11:01 PM   #5
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Offtopic, but assuming, it's the 1902 translation; is it worth to waste your time on an incomplete one?
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2013, 07:00 AM   #6
crutledge
eBook FANatic
crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crutledge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I quit!

I have tried everything I can think of and nothing works on this file. I have re-booted, re-started, re-installed KindlePreviewer, aand burned all my joss-sticks. Any other epub I load to KindelPrevies or Calibre works fine.

Perhaps someday I get a head slapper and suddenly see the solution.

Many thanks for all your help.
Old 10-20-2013, 10:20 AM   #7
elibrarian
Imperfect Perfectionist
elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elibrarian ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I don't use Kindle, and can't say how much this influences it, but your epub-file has some errors (not found by Sigil, but very much found by epubcheck 3.01)

So here goes:

- Consider renaming all the files "The Pharaoh and the Priest_00XX.htm" to something without spaces, and then regenerate the TOC

- Epubcheck doesn't like this:

<meta content="2013/10/19" name="dcterms.date of publication" />

(I usually use this form:

<meta content="2013-10-19" name="DC.date.publication" scheme="ISO8601" /> )

- and not this either:

<meta content="Public Domain" name="dcterms.rights&quot;" />

- remove the &quot;

- Hope this helps
elibrarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #8
crutledge
eBook FANatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibrarian View Post
I don't use Kindle, and can't say how much this influences it, but your epub-file has some errors (not found by Sigil, but very much found by epubcheck 3.01)

So here goes:

- Consider renaming all the files "The Pharaoh and the Priest_00XX.htm" to something without spaces, and then regenerate the TOC

- Epubcheck doesn't like this:

<meta content="2013/10/19" name="dcterms.date of publication" />

(I usually use this form:

<meta content="2013-10-19" name="DC.date.publication" scheme="ISO8601" /> )

- and not this either:

<meta content="Public Domain" name="dcterms.rights&quot;" />

- remove the &quot;

- Hope this helps
Thank you, sir. Made all the above changes and still same-o.
Old 10-20-2013, 04:30 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Charlie
Usually opening the metadata editor <f8> and closing will fix simple errors

Most of 'approve' values can be created from that UI eliminating naming type errors
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote