Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #1
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
What are you reading THIS month from the Kindle Reading Library?

Well February is finally here. Took forever as I finished reading my January free selection (the 2nd book in the Hunger Games trilogy) a while ago.
My December choice was the 1st Hunger Games book.

Now off to get the third book in the Hunger Games to finish off this series.

How about you?
What will you use your free book of the month from the Kindle Owners Lending Library for your Kindle Fire?
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:37 AM   #2
grvthang
Connoisseur
grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.grvthang is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kindle Fire, Droid Incredible2, Kindle Touch
I didn't realize that the one-a-month policy corresponded with the calendarmonth. I thought you had a month (30 days) to read the book. I just looked, and the book I borrowed last week is still there.

I also noticed that it appears that the lending is evidently restricted to one device. I borrowed a book using my KF, and the book never showed up using the Kindle app on my Android phone, even after I synced it several times.

To answer your question, I've been reading "An American Fraud".
grvthang is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2012, 09:40 AM   #3
foreverjuly
Crank Up The Awesome!
foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foreverjuly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Nook, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by salsaguy View Post
Now off to get the third book in the Hunger Games to finish off this series.
Whenever I hear about people picking up Mockingjay, I always get the same feeling for them I would if they told me they were doing to the DMV.

Good luck! I'm praying for you!
foreverjuly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 11:56 AM   #4
janicew
Enthusiast
janicew began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by grvthang View Post
I didn't realize that the one-a-month policy corresponded with the calendarmonth. I thought you had a month (30 days) to read the book. I just looked, and the book I borrowed last week is still there.

I also noticed that it appears that the lending is evidently restricted to one device. I borrowed a book using my KF, and the book never showed up using the Kindle app on my Android phone, even after I synced it several times.

To answer your question, I've been reading "An American Fraud".
I don't know if it's restricted to one KINDLE device, but it is restricted to ONLY Kindle devices. The Kindle App on any platform cannot utilize Prime lending. A huge complaint from many Prime members.

You get one book each calendar month and can keep it for as long as you want, but you cannot check out a new book until the new calendar month. When you attempt to check out your next book, it will ask you if you want to return the previous one. You can also go to the Manage Your Kindle page and return the book from there at any time. Theoretically, if there is only one book you wanted, you could check it out and keep it indefinitely as long as you never do another Prime lend. Also, in terms of one per calendar month, if you skip a calendar month, they do not "build up" and that lend is lost forever.

Personally, I have used the Prime lending option twice now, and will continue to do so. But I think it could use a LOT of refinement and improvement. Hopefully in due time as publishers finally get on the bus.
janicew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #5
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by janicew View Post
I don't know if it's restricted to one KINDLE device, but it is restricted to ONLY Kindle devices. The Kindle App on any platform cannot utilize Prime lending. A huge complaint from many Prime members.

You get one book each calendar month and can keep it for as long as you want, but you cannot check out a new book until the new calendar month. When you attempt to check out your next book, it will ask you if you want to return the previous one. You can also go to the Manage Your Kindle page and return the book from there at any time. Theoretically, if there is only one book you wanted, you could check it out and keep it indefinitely as long as you never do another Prime lend. Also, in terms of one per calendar month, if you skip a calendar month, they do not "build up" and that lend is lost forever.

Personally, I have used the Prime lending option twice now, and will continue to do so. But I think it could use a LOT of refinement and improvement. Hopefully in due time as publishers finally get on the bus.
If you don't return the previous one can you still borrow a new one?

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2012, 05:13 PM   #6
janicew
Enthusiast
janicew began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
If you don't return the previous one can you still borrow a new one?

Carol
No. I had forgotten to return my previous book, and as soon as I tried to borrow a new one it told me. It gave me the option during the process to immediately return the book and continue, so it was seamless.

It's strictly a one per calendar month, one at a time process. But if you want to hang on to one for six months (without ever getting another) you can. You just lose the other months where you could have gotten another book.

Hope this helps clarify!
janicew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:42 PM   #7
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
When I had Prime I wound up buying the two I borrowed just so I could fix them.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #8
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
It's not restricted to one kindle. You can put it on any of your kindles. I have had mine on more than 1 at a time.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 09:01 PM   #9
Dragle
Dragle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire orig + HD8.9, Kindle PW
I'm reading the first book of The Hunger Games. Last month I borrowed Water for Elephants.
Dragle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 11:05 AM   #10
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
I got "Mugger" by Ed McBain.

I did this because I only got 6 of the 87th Precinct when the Special Offer had them all for $1.00 apiece.

Wish I had bought all of the ones available then, sigh. My mom always said, "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride." Whatever.
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 04:32 PM   #11
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
Just to add a little more clarification, it is only available on later version kindles, the k2 for instance is not eligible because it does not have the library capabilities.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:42 PM   #12
tstarky
Next mood swing...6 min
tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Fire, PW
Looks like The Hunger Games are popular! I had the first one last month and I got the 2nd in the series yesterday. I really think I'm going to like the lending library. I'm not complaining about ANYTHING as it is a nice perk with the Prime service. When I finish my free book I can tap into another book I have in my own library to fill time until the next free one.

You can send your free books to another eligible kindle device by going to amazon.com/myk and on the right side of the book it says "Actions", select Deliver to my... and pick the device. I notice though that it doesn't allow me to send it to my android phone which may be the same issue grvthang is experiencing.
tstarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #13
deannah
Connoisseur
deannah began at the beginning.

Device: KK, KT, KFire, KFire HD, KPaperwhite
I purchased all three books in the series of Hunger Games. Too lazy to look, but are they lendable? If so, would be happy to lend to anyone wanting them.
deannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #14
deannah
Connoisseur
deannah began at the beginning.

Device: KK, KT, KFire, KFire HD, KPaperwhite
I see they are all three available to lend. Anyone wanting to borrow, just let me know.
deannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:25 AM   #15
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
You can setup lending on Lendable.com

As for the 3rd Hunger games book yeah its not so great. I'm at part 2 now.
The 1st book lived up to its hype but 2 and 3 not really.

I'm thinking about Water for Elephants for March but it may not be my style.
There's not a lot of stuff outside of Stephen King i usually read so it will be interesting to see what the Lending Library gets me into this year.
The amazon selection is a little thin without the big 6 publishers participating.
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote