Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-02-2012, 11:28 AM   #1
(-_-)
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'(-_-) knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: O_o
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

K3 battery constantly draining. Can't be indexing, I removed all books but dictionaries.

Used a wall charger meant for a camera, I'm afraid I may have killed it by using a charger not made for kindle.
I think it just needs a new battery, but I'd like to know if this charger is safe to use.

Charger says this:
input: 100-240VAC 50/60Hz 0.2A
Output: 5.0 700mA,Max

kindle K3 says this:
input 5.0VDC 0.85A

(-_-) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:43 AM   #2
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Any USB charger should be safe to use, except for "fake" ones like this:
http://hackaday.com/2012/08/15/buyin...-saving-money/

EDIT: There was a warning posted by knc1 about a K3 firmware bug, where a charger that was "too powerful" could damage the K3 charger circuit because it did not properly limit the current. But 700mA should be safe (it is well below the 850mA specified for the K3).

Last edited by geekmaster; 11-04-2012 at 12:52 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert