Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 04-15-2007, 04:53 AM   #1
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Post Austen, Jane: Sense and Sensibility (Illustrated). v4. 17th Dec 2012

A fully illustrated version of Jane Austen's "Sense and Sensibility", with 24 watercolour illustrations by C.E.Brock.

Plot summary from Amazon:

Marianne Dashwood wears her heart on her sleeve, and when she falls in love with the dashing but unsuitable John Willougby, she ignores her sister Elinor's warning that her impulsive behaviour leaves her open to gossip and innuendo. Meanwhile Elinor, always sensitive to social convention, is struggling to conceal her own romantic disappointment, even from those closest to her. Through their parallel experience of love - and its threatened loss - the sisters learn that sense must mix with sensibility if they are to find personal happiness in a society where status and money govern the rules of love.

Illustrations are used, with thanks, from http://www.mollands.net and http://www.solitary-elegance.com. Both these web sites are great resources for all fans of Jane Austen!

Enjoy!

EDIT: 2 Mar 08

Completely recreated the book with much better layout and formatting. Uploaded v2.

EDIT: 10 Aug 08

Replaced the cover with a much improved one. Thanks to Paul Durrant for this.

EDIT: 17 Dec 12

Thoroughly proofed the book against a printed text. Restored the first edition text, and the somewhat quirky and inconsistent spelling which Jane Austen used. Corrected many hundreds of errors. Renumbered the chapters to reflect the original publication in three volumes. This book is now in what I'd regard as a finished state; if you find even the smallest error with it, please let me know. Uploaded v4.

Previous download count: 1509
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Sense and Sensibility.lrf (3.01 MB, 909 views)

Last edited by HarryT; 12-17-2012 at 11:57 AM.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 11:31 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Completely recreated the book with much improved layout and formatting. Uploaded v2.
Advert
Old 08-10-2008, 06:06 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Replaced the cover with a much improved one. Thanks to Paul Durrant for this.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:38 PM   #4
Santa Fe Painter
Santa Fe Painter began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Kindle2
I am new to converting some of my classic books for my PRS-505 ebook reader.

I noticed when I found your wonderfully edited Jane Austen eBooks that you have figured out how to retain the emdash using BookDesigner.

Can you tell me your method?

I have followed the instructions for:
Book Cleaner files v1.7 2009-02-20

The emdash is retained, but I my images are lost when I load the book into BookDesigner.

Can you help me with the problem?

I found my own answer in previous postings on this subject. So, thanks in advance. I'm successfully using the work-around of replacing the emdash with @@ in my rtf, opening it in BD, and then doing a search and replace, replacing the emdash back in place of the @@. Finally, making the lrf file.

What a simple fix.

Thanks for the wonderful volumes--and your help.

Last edited by Santa Fe Painter; 06-16-2009 at 05:30 PM.
Santa Fe Painter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:57 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Thoroughly proofed the book against a printed text. Restored the first edition text, and the somewhat quirky and inconsistent spelling which Jane Austen used. Corrected many hundreds of errors. Renumbered the chapters to reflect the original publication in three volumes. This book is now in what I'd regard as a finished state; if you find even the smallest error with it, please let me know. Uploaded v4.
Advert