Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 06-25-2013, 08:48 AM   #31
qbwaggle
qbwaggle began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrik View Post
You're right, the covers showed up earlier last night! Guess it just took a bit longer to process them out of the epub file.
The cover art showed up in the web site but not on my iPhone app - like you said, it took overnight for it to take effect.

Does anyone have any idea how to get book cover art displaying in the iPhone app (uploaded epubs)?

Thanks.
qbwaggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:36 PM   #32
hbtaylor
Enthusiast
hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!hbtaylor My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: iPad 3, Nexus 7 (2013)
Quote:
Originally Posted by qbwaggle View Post
The cover art showed up in the web site but not on my iPhone app - like you said, it took overnight for it to take effect.

Does anyone have any idea how to get book cover art displaying in the iPhone app (uploaded epubs)?

Thanks.
I believe that is an outstanding issue. None of my uploaded ePUBs have covers on my iPad, but all of the covers eventually show up on my Android devices and the web site.

I thought I saw something moderately official that said that was the case for iOS, but I can't find it via quick searches this morning.
hbtaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:04 AM   #33
timeslip1974
timeslip1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timeslip1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timeslip1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timeslip1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timeslip1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timeslip1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timeslip1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timeslip1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timeslip1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timeslip1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timeslip1974 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianrh View Post
Am I the only person to have problems synchronising reading position between devices with Google Play Books.

It seems to synch nicely between my two Android devices i.e tablet & phone but in my browser on my PC there is often perhaps up to 20 pages difference always behind the position I actually read to on my tablet. At the end of reading on my tablet I exit the book to get back to the book menu and always have the Wifi on while the tablet is not a sleep.

Anyone else find anything similar?
ive had the same problem a few times or sometimes it just forgot my place entirely. Fingers crossed tho, it hasnt happened in a while
timeslip1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:52 PM   #34
qbwaggle
qbwaggle began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbtaylor View Post
I believe that is an outstanding issue. None of my uploaded ePUBs have covers on my iPad, but all of the covers eventually show up on my Android devices and the web site.

I thought I saw something moderately official that said that was the case for iOS, but I can't find it via quick searches this morning.
I briefly thought I had solved the problem. I tinkered with the epub, and removed the SVG html tag from the cover html file. When I uploaded to Google Play and downloaded to my iPhone, the book cover art was there! I thought I solved it, so I deleted the epub and re-uploaded to see if I could duplicate the results. After several attempts, I have not been able to get the cover art to appear again. Weird.

Like you said... cover art works on the website and on my Nexus 7, but not on my iPhone.
qbwaggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:39 PM   #35
cortman
Zealot
cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle 3 3g, Nook HD+, Nexus 4 (Mantano)
Some friends and myself have our own Calibre server. Free ebook storage, sharing and no corporations getting data from us.
cortman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:31 PM   #36
Croptop
Groupie
Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Croptop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Aura One, Pixel 8 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by timeslip1974 View Post
ive had the same problem a few times or sometimes it just forgot my place entirely. Fingers crossed tho, it hasnt happened in a while
Same here. I am trying to read the same book on my Nexus 7 and my Nexus 4 and the two devices never seem to sync locations. I have the book "pinned" (stored locally) on each device. I am going to try unpinning it on each device to see if that makes a difference.
Croptop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:58 PM   #37
Candiana
Candiana began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura (PINK), Nexus7 (Moon+), OnePlus One, Kindle3G
My Nexus 7 and samsung s3 sync all the time. Maybe check your sync options before closing out gpb
Candiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 03:08 PM   #38
Brianrh
Connoisseur
Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brianrh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
My Android devices generally seem to sync okay but it is when I want to read from Google Play Books in a browser that I seem to have problems.
Brianrh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:49 PM   #39
Candiana
Candiana began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura (PINK), Nexus7 (Moon+), OnePlus One, Kindle3G
Where does Gpb store pinned books on Android? I can't seem to find it but mine is unrooted.
Candiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:19 AM   #40
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
I don't have my android device handy at the moment, but I think you will find it under your installed apps folder android/data ? in the com.google.android.apps.books folder. There will be sub folders for your account ID and folders under thast with the books you loaded locally (marked as read off-line).
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #41
brainvision
Connoisseur
brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brainvision ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candiana View Post
Where does Gpb store pinned books on Android? I can't seem to find it but mine is unrooted.
it's /data/data/com.google.etc.etc

BTW I'm pretty sure you will not find something readable somewhere else (I mean with others applications)..
brainvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:27 AM   #42
steven522
binomial: homo legentem
steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.steven522 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iriver Story HD; Archos 80 G9
Quote:
Originally Posted by brainvision View Post
it's /data/data/com.google.etc.etc

BTW I'm pretty sure you will not find something readable somewhere else (I mean with others applications)..
If you mean the "converted" book in Google Books, then as far as I can tell, there is no difference between the epub that goes up to and back from Google Books and the original epub that was sent.

I had wondered about this myself in case I lost a book and needed to retrieve the copy from Google Books. You should be able to move the epub file anywhere else and use it as always.
steven522 is offline   Reply With Quote