Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-19-2014, 01:32 AM   #38431
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Back in the 70s I worked for Fish & Game for a while, picking dead deer up off the highways.

The elephants are on their own.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 07:55 AM   #38432
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
Back in the 70s I worked for Fish & Game for a while, picking dead deer up off the highways.

The elephants are on their own.
Run into a 130lb doe and it totals your car. (Doesn't help the doe very much either.) But run into four tree trunks connected by a brick wall, all of it weighing about 6,000lbs and you don't have to worry about picking it up off the highway. You have to worry about it being angry.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 08:21 AM   #38433
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Trying to decide what to have for lunch. After that I'm back to stalking Amazon.de to see if my Kindle has been shipped yet (it's in the "shipping soon" status for almost 24 hours now).
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 05:06 PM   #38434
trichobezoar
Riding Against the Wind
trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trichobezoar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 10.1 & Kindle Touch
Copying and pasting my eBookOrama folder (it has a lot of ebooks) into my Galaxy Note tablet. Then I'll copy and paste music files, The Teaching Company MP3s, and possibly video files. This is gonna take forever.

Last edited by trichobezoar; 11-19-2014 at 05:09 PM.
trichobezoar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 03:18 AM   #38435
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yesterday, just after I posted I got an email telling me my Kindle had been shipped. According to the PostNL tracking website Amazon is still preparing the shipment. According to Amazon it was shipped from Rheinberg, Germany to Grimbergen in Belgium. So it seems it's taking a bit of a detour, it has now travelled 223km south-west. From Rheinberg to my home it's only 162km (north-west). Now it has to travel 173km north-eastish to get to me.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:14 PM   #38436
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Welcome to transport hubs, Rumpelteazer. I've had orders ship from a warehouse 20 miles ( about 30 km) away travel 100 miles away and across state lines before heading back in my direction.

And now, back to my laundry.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 04:28 AM   #38437
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Catching up with my photo journalling. Normally I start journalling the previous week on Monday. But with both the craft fair two weeks ago and my vacation the week after I've let it slide. I'm now printing the photo's of those two weeks, then I can start making my lay-outs with my new kit.

I've also made an appointment for next week to apply for a new ID card. I now see that I have to get passport photos made. Luckily an ID card is now valid for 10 years instead of the 5 years my current card could be used.
Old 11-21-2014, 07:25 AM   #38438
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

My Kindle Paperwhite just arrived and so far it looks amazing. Very even lighting (I can see a bit of spotlighting in the bottom of the screen but only when I look very carefully) and no pinholes. It didn't find the latest update so I'm downloading that now.

After that I can put on a couple of books before I have to work. I'm secretly hoping that this morning it was busy in the store, so my father hasn't had time yet to make the price list for the shipment that came in this morning. That way I can read between helping customers whilst he's doing that .
Old 11-29-2014, 05:39 PM   #38439
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
The company I work for owns a flat in central London so Mrs B, youngest son and I are using it for the weekend. Spent a good day today at Borough Market and the Imperial War Museum (I highly recommend the current WWI exhibition).

I think Mrs B has plans for Covent Garden and Oxford Street shipping tomorrow.

Now relaxing with a glass of wine before bed.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 06:44 AM   #38440
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Trying to determine which media player I want to get. I already have one but it occasional freezes and is slow when transferring files.

So far it looks like Mede8er has got some nice players. Now to decide which one to get.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:51 PM   #38441
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

My mother has always been an avid reader, until a couple of years ago when she switched from books to music. For the first time in months she picked up a book again this week when she couldn't sleep due to a chest infection.

This morning she asked me if she could see my Paperwhite 2. After seeing how you can adjust the brightness of the light and the font size she declared she also wanted one

She always liked ereader but never wanted one, claiming they were too fragile and a paper book just had something that an ereader never could have. But today she told me she was annoyed with having to keep moving the book around so there are no shadows on the page, especially in darker rooms, so the build in light was the deal maker for her.
Old 11-30-2014, 02:08 PM   #38442
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Another convert!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 02:13 PM   #38443
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Another convert!
Yes.
She's now trying to decide if she wants to switch to books in English, because those are a lot cheaper than the ones in Dutch.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:29 PM   #38444
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Drinking Gatorade mixed with Miralax. Tomorrow it's time once again to have a TV camera installed where the sun doesn't shine. Oh, joy. At least the drugs are good.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 05:35 AM   #38445
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Drinking Gatorade mixed with Miralax. Tomorrow it's time once again to have a TV camera installed where the sun doesn't shine. Oh, joy. At least the drugs are good.
They allow you to drink 'colored' liquids? My doc insisted only colorless stuff; consomme, ginger ale, sprite, etc. Not even tea!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?