Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

View Poll Results: May 2010 Mobile Read Book
The Mysterious Island by Jules Verne 35 44.30%
Little Dorrit by Charles Dickens 1 1.27%
The Surprising Adventures of Baron Munchausen by Rudolf Erich Raspe 4 5.06%
The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas 5 6.33%
The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins 5 6.33%
Kim by Rudyard Kipling 10 12.66%
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley 8 10.13%
Robinson Crusoe by Daniel Defoe 1 1.27%
Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens 3 3.80%
Frankenstein, by Mary Shelley 5 6.33%
The Odyssey by Homer 2 2.53%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-28-2010, 09:20 AM   #61
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Besides, I never got an answer on my question of whether it's OK to do a write-in for all six volumes of The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Sure... just bring the poll up and write on it with a sharpie or other indelible marker what you would vote for. If it gets the most votes it will be official.

BOb
Oh, yeah, thanks BOB! Now will someone please tell me how to get Magic Marker ink off my monitor screen?

WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:54 AM   #62
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Oh, yeah, thanks BOB! Now will someone please tell me how to get Magic Marker ink off my monitor screen?

Tom - you should have used a Sharpie... you must have one or two
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-28-2010, 01:57 PM   #63
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
Tom - you should have used a Sharpie... you must have one or two

Oh....wait.....I get it.....

Maybe Norton can LICK it off?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 04:44 PM   #64
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Try using some white-out!
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:26 PM   #65
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I never got an answer on my question of whether it's OK to do a write-in for all six volumes of The Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Sure... just bring the poll up and write on it with a sharpie or other indelible marker what you would vote for. If it gets the most votes it will be official.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
Try using some white-out!
Will somebody, anybody, tell me how to get Magic Marker ink and White-Out off my monitor screen?

Please excuse any typing errors in this post. It's hard to proof-read on my monitor at the moment.

Dang practical jokers! I think y'all playing me!
Advert
Old 04-28-2010, 05:42 PM   #66
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Will somebody, anybody, tell me how to get Magic Marker ink and White-Out off my monitor screen?

Please excuse any typing errors in this post. It's hard to proof-read on my monitor at the moment.

Syphon of some fuel from a car (neighbors car will do fine) and wipe the screen. Works for me every time I have finish proof reading a document. . Oh, don't use any pot scourer - they are really not good for the contrast.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:44 PM   #67
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katti's Cat View Post
Syphon of some fuel from a car (neighbors car will do fine) and wipe the screen. Works for me every time I have finish proof reading a document. . Oh, don't use any pot scourer - they are really not good for the contrast.
Can someone give me the name of a good bail bondsman?

Old 04-28-2010, 05:59 PM   #68
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:

Don't get caught then you won't need a bail bondsman. And don't take ALL of the fuel.

Of course you could just ask the neighbour if has a thimble full of fuel for you but where is the fun and adventure in that
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:12 AM   #69
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
Quote:

I notice you didn't have any trouble with the Sharpie -- told ya so!
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 12:32 AM   #70
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Quote:

dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 01:20 AM   #71
lene1949
Wizard
lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lene1949 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paper white
What a WIN!
lene1949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 02:44 AM   #72
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
A gentle request to keep this thread on topic.

Thank you.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:01 AM   #73
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lene1949 View Post
What a WIN!
Yes, an impressive lead. I can't really complain about losing out to a book over three times ahead of my choice, currently second.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 03:10 AM   #74
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I can't really complain about losing out to a book over three times ahead of my choice, currently second.
Well, actually I can, come to think of it. It's this terrible "first past the post" system we have here. The opposition to "The Mysterious Island" is split amongst all the 'minor' books. If we had an Alternative Vote, Single Transferrable Vote, or even a run-off between first and second, I'm sure "Kim" would win!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:02 AM   #75
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I've wondered about that also. I think right now it is 35 for first place and about 44 votes spread throughout the other books.

I wonder what would happen if there was a run off? Would everyone come back and vote again? Could first place winner actually lose in a run off? Interesting thought.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote