Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 04-08-2011, 08:51 PM   #1
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Question Ermine/Froyo vs calibre

Anyone having difficulty with your edge connecting to calibre? Currently, calibre does not detect my edge. I update calibre regularly and do not remember the version used when last synced. The current calibre version 0.7.54 nor 0.7.53 detect the edge. Reran the Welcome, though edge is not listed tried Sony, which is what was always been used and generic, to no avail.

Windows sees and mounts the edge.

Checking here before posting in the calibre forum on the chance this is an ermine/froyo issue.

Setup:
Windows Vista
Edge 10" Ermine/Froyo
calibre 0.7.54
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 02:11 AM   #2
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Well gosh darn it!

I have not updated to Ermine and Calibre is no longer recognizing my eDGe either. It was so nice before! Checkmarks to let me know which books I had sent to my PE and all! I am one version behind on Calibre updates. Will update to latest and report any news. But it is not an Ermine issue, as far as I can tell.

Vista Home
Pocket eDGe
Installing Calibre 0.7.54

Last edited by Filark; 04-09-2011 at 02:16 AM.
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2011, 02:40 AM   #3
Filark
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Whew!!

After updating Calibre and properly mounting my eDGe (which I didn't do previously, being in a panic . . .), all is right with this part of the world. Calibre recognizes my eDGe just as it should.

Which means, I suppose, that if it still doesn't recognize yours, it could be an Ermine/Froyo problem after all. Here's hoping it's a quick fix!

Now running Calibre 0.7.54
Old 04-09-2011, 08:09 AM   #4
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Whew!!
Which means, I suppose, that if it still doesn't recognize yours, it could be an Ermine/Froyo problem after all. Here's hoping it's a quick fix!
@filark
Good to know it still works. More checking for me today...
Old 04-12-2011, 05:12 PM   #5
Filark

Gunner, any luck?

If Ermine doesn't work with Calibre I'll stick with Dingo, thank you very much!
Advert
Old 04-12-2011, 07:32 PM   #6
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filark View Post
Gunner, any luck?

If Ermine doesn't work with Calibre I'll stick with Dingo, thank you very much!
I extracted data per koyid direction, seems the usb ids changed, at least for the EE. Koyid is to change calibre in the next regular release.

Here;
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=128935

Last edited by Gunnerp245; 04-12-2011 at 07:46 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:00 PM   #7
Filark

Great news, thanks!