Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-16-2011, 01:19 PM   #1
spanishguy
spanishguy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
edit multiple Titles

I have a lot of books in which the date "(2010)" has been added to the title, is there a quick way to edit and delete this. I have looked through the forums here for search and replace but cannot find anything similar.
spanishguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 01:43 PM   #2
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Are you going for a record as to how many threads you can post this question on? I count 3 so far...

Just select the records, and hit E to bring up the bulk metadata edit.
Switch to Search and Replace tab.
Set the Search mode to "Character match",
Search field to "title",
Search for to " (2010)"
Leave Replace with to blank.

Verify it gives you the expected results down the bottom and click ok. It is no different to any other find/replace in this mode.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2011, 02:04 PM   #3
spanishguy
spanishguy began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Sorry to have been a pest but I just couldn't see the wood for the trees, that's done the job great thanks for your patience and help.
spanishguy is offline   Reply With Quote