Notices

Old 01-28-2011, 02:30 PM   #1
rickyhow
rickyhow began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Launching Kindle for Mac rather than internal viewer

Hi,

Background
I downloaded several sample Kindle (AZW) books from Amazon and can read them fine using their Kindle for Mac software. I then added the books to calibre.

The problem
When I try to read the books by double clicking in calibre instead of launching the Kindle for Mac app, calibre tries to add the book to the library.

To work around this I have configured calibre to use the internal reader, but the AZW rendition looks poor.

Question
Can I use Kindle for Mac to read books in my calibre library instead of using the internal reader?

I am using OSX 10.8.5
rickyhow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 02:41 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Change the file association for AZW files in your operating system to use Kindle for Mac instead of calibre
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2011, 03:20 PM   #3
rickyhow
rickyhow began at the beginning.

Device: none
That solves the problem - thank-you kindly and congrats on a great product!!
rickyhow is offline   Reply With Quote