Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-14-2010, 11:30 AM   #1
Laurentiu
Connoisseur
Laurentiu has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iPad 2, Sony PRS-600 (no longer used)
Transfer notes from reader to computer

Hi,

I am reading a book and I highlighted some paragraphs and made some comments on some of them. They show up on the reader, but I don't know how to make them appear on my computer. I played with Sony's software (that piece of @#$%), I dragged the book into library section, it shows there now, but no trace of notes!

How does one do this?
Thanks,

Laurentiu
Laurentiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:36 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You need to "sync" the Reader with your PC. That transfers your notes and annotation back to the PC.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2010, 11:41 AM   #3
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
I never sync. Plug in your reader, open sony software, open the book in your reader. Underneath there is an icon with a page and a green arrow, it exports your notes to rtf. The icon next to it (open book with pencil) shows the list of your notes underneath your book, and you can navigate to them.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:46 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by omk3 View Post
I never sync. Plug in your reader, open sony software, open the book in your reader. Underneath there is an icon with a page and a green arrow, it exports your notes to rtf. The icon next to it (open book with pencil) shows the list of your notes underneath your book, and you can navigate to them.
Thanks - I didn't know about that method.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 12:02 PM   #5
Laurentiu
Connoisseur
Laurentiu has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iPad 2, Sony PRS-600 (no longer used)
I synced it, but it didn't work. omk3's method worked perfectly!
Thanks to both of you!
Laurentiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-24-2010, 12:28 AM   #6
SandDanz
SandDanz began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise, Sony PRS-600 (red)
Okay... I followed omk3's method and got my notes converted to RTF, but... is there a way to be able to get the page images larger to where I can actually see my hand-written notes? Any time I try to drag the arrows within the file to make the image larger it just distorts the image. So without the images, the notes file is pretty darn useless.
SandDanz is offline   Reply With Quote