Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 01-08-2009, 12:01 AM   #31
mjdb
Kiwi Member
mjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-books

Device: NAEB Bookeen Cybook Gen3, eBookman
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdb View Post
I note the request upthread for the results of

calibre-debug -c "from calibre.devices.scanner import Dev
iceScanner; s = DeviceScanner(); s.scan(); print repr(s.devices)"

[snip]

So I presume that
u'usb\\vid_0bda&pid_0703&rev_0132',
represents [my] Cybook.

And with the same Cybook connected to a computer running Windows XP Pro SP3, the only change is the addition of the identical line

u'usb\\vid_0bda&pid_0703&rev_0132']

Martin.
mjdb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 12:10 AM   #32
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Here's an OSX build with a cybook driver

http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/downlo...re-0.4.126.dmg

Another diagnostic you can run is the following two commands

Code:
prs500 info
prs500 df
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2009, 12:49 AM   #33
mjdb
Kiwi Member
mjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-booksmjdb has learned how to read e-books

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
[snip]
Code:
prs500 info
prs500 df
On Windows XP and Vista both of those return
"Unable to find a connected ebook reader."
whether or not my Cybook is connected by the usb cable.

prs500 --version returns
calibre version: 0.4.126

Martin.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:51 AM   #34
kafka399
kafka399 began at the beginning.

Device: cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
If the mount point is /media/Cybook than it doesn't look like it's being picked up by hal correctly. Have you rebooted since installing?

Also, could you attach the output of the following:

Code:
$ sudo lsusb -v
$ sudo hal-device
$ ls -Rla /media/Cybook
put > ~/filename to save the output to disk. A few will be rather long.
Yes, I have rebooted since installing.
Attached Files
File Type: txt cybook_gen.txt (15.0 KB, 284 views)
File Type: txt hal-dev.txt (121.7 KB, 214 views)
File Type: txt lsusb.txt (14.8 KB, 261 views)
kafka399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:13 AM   #35
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I copied the new version into the applications folder and ran it - it asked for my password which I gave. I then plugged in the CyBook. Nothing.

I then unplugged the CyBook, quit Calibre, plugged the CyBook in again and then started Calibre. Nothing.

I then unplugged the Cybook, restarted the machine, plugged in the CyBook, and then started Calibre. Nothing.

I tried starting Calibre from the terminal. Nothing.

I then quit Calibre, and tried the two diagnostic commands you suggested. Here's the output.

paul:~ pdurrant$ calibre
link hasn't been detected!
link hasn't been detected!
paul:~ pdurrant$ prs500 info
Unable to find a connected ebook reader.
paul:~ pdurrant$ prs500 df
Unable to find a connected ebook reader.
paul:~ pdurrant$

Quote:
Here's an OSX build with a cybook driver

http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/downlo...re-0.4.126.dmg

Code:
prs500 info
prs500 df
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-08-2009, 08:11 AM   #36
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
One of the problems is the bcd for my Cybook is different from kafka399's. I'm looking into the best way to take care of this.

@kafka399 you should be able to get it working if in /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/10-calibre.fdi you remove the <match key="@info.parent:@info.parent:@info.parent:@info. parent:usb.device_revision_bcd" int="0x110"> lines and their corresponding </match> lines.

For the Windows people, I suspect that it might be a similar issue. I've attached a zip file. Unzip it, copy it to your calibre folder and run the windows_get_devices.exe while the Cybook is plugged in a detected by Windows. A command prompt will open, leave it alone. when it closes there will be a file called out.txt in the same directory. Please attach it.

I'm still looking into the OS X issue and will have a similar test app in the near future.
Attached Files
File Type: zip windows_get_devices.zip (2.26 MB, 236 views)

Last edited by Nate the great; 01-08-2009 at 02:42 PM. Reason: fixed the instructions
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 08:34 AM   #37
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
It didn't run.
Quote:
This application failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:21 AM   #38
kafka399
kafka399 began at the beginning.

Device: cybook
Quote:
One of the problems is the bcd for my Cybook is different from kafka399's. I'm looking into the best way to take care of this.

@kafka399 you should be able to get it working if in /usr/share/hal/fdi/policy/20thirdparty/10-calibre.fdi you remove the <match key="@info.parent:@info.parent:@info.parent:@info. parent:usb.device_revision_bcd" int="0x110"> lines and their corresponding </match> lines.
So I did, the result is the same.
What does bcd mean?

A piece of 10-calibre.fdi file:

<device>
<match key="info.category" string="volume">
<match key="@info.parent:@info.parent:@info.parent:@info. parent:usb.vendor_id" int="0xbda">
<match key="@info.parent:@info.parent:@info.parent:@info. parent:usb.product_id" int="0x703">
</match>
</match>
</match>
</device>
<device>
<match key="info.category" string="volume">
<match key="@info.parent:@info.parent:@info.parent:@info. parent:usb.vendor_id" int="0xbda">
<match key="@info.parent:@info.parent:@info.parent:@info. parent:usb.product_id" int="0x703">
</match>
</match>
</match>
</device
kafka399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:08 AM   #39
YGG-
Dry fruit
YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.YGG- ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Bookeen Opus + HTC Desire HD
Not working for me on Windows XP
YGG- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:33 AM   #40
brudigia
Evangelist
brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.brudigia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPAD AirPro M1 12.9, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Elipsa, iPhone XV
Quote:

For the Windows people, I suspect that it might be a similar issue. I've attached a zip file. Unzip it and run the windows_get_devices.exe while the Cybook is plugged in a detected by Windows. A command prompt will open, leave it alone. when it closes there will be a file called out.txt in the same directory. Please attach it.

I'm still looking into the OS X issue and will have a similar test app in the near future.
Tried it, but it did not do anything useful. THe file out.txt is empty and all I got is as follows:

Microsoft Windows XP [Versione 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Temp\windows_get_devices>windows_get_devices
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "windows_get_devices.py", line 75, in <module>
File "windows_get_devices.py", line 64, in main
File "windows_get_devices.py", line 44, in open_windows
NameError: global name 'DeviceError' is not defined

Hope it helps.

BRuno
brudigia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 01:03 PM   #41
plazec
plazec doesn't litterplazec doesn't litter

Device: Cybook Gen 3, HTC Desire
I also got some errors when running windows_get_devices.exe on Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit
Code:
Microsoft Windows [Verze 6.0.6001]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. Všechna práva vyhrazena.

D:\windows_get_devices>windows_get_devices.exe
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "windows_get_devices.py", line 75, in <module>
  File "windows_get_devices.py", line 70, in main
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\xe1' in position 330: ordinal not in range(128)
and
Code:
Main: H:\
Card: I:\
in out.txt

Quote:
A windows build of calibre with the fixed cybook driver (I hope) is here

http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/downlo...re-0.4.126.exe
When i try to download my antivirus reports Win32/Kriptik.EI Trojan in downloaded file

Last edited by plazec; 01-08-2009 at 02:19 PM.
plazec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:23 PM   #42
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
For the Windows people, I suspect that it might be a similar issue. I've attached a zip file. Unzip it and run the windows_get_devices.exe while the Cybook is plugged in a detected by Windows. A command prompt will open, leave it alone. when it closes there will be a file called out.txt in the same directory. Please attach it.
Worked for me (see attachment). Your updated Calibre didn't detect my 64M Cybook, build 796.
Attached Files
File Type: txt out.txt (6.5 KB, 883 views)
mbovenka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:35 PM   #43
mjdb
Kiwi Member

Quote:
[snip]

Thanks for continuing to work on this.
Initially I received the same error message as Nate the great.

I then coppied the single file windows_get_devices.exe into the directory that contains calibre.exe

After doing so it ran fine, and I attach the renamed output.
Looking at the details of the text listing instances of Win32_DiskDrive, I note that it detected my two Hard Drives and the Cybook internal Flash and the Cybook SD, and SD Card.

HOWEVER the first two lines in the out.txt are WRONG
"Main: E:\
Card: F:\"

Those are transposed - on my system Drive E: is the SD card in the Cybook, and the Cybook internal Flash is F.

Hope this helps,

Martin.
Attached Files
File Type: txt mjdb_out.txt (3.9 KB, 197 views)
Old 01-08-2009, 04:39 PM   #44
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjdb View Post
HOWEVER the first two lines in the out.txt are WRONG
"Main: E:\
Card: F:\"

Those are transposed - on my system Drive E: is the SD card in the Cybook, and the Cybook internal Flash is F.
Good catch! They are transposed in my output as well (see a few posts earlier); K:\ is the card, L:\ the internal flash, not vice versa.
mbovenka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:25 PM   #45
mjdb
Kiwi Member

Quote:
MOBI output will come in the next month or so.
Thank you for your work, that is good news.

At this stage of the development process are you interested in people reporting problems with Calibre's internal Mobipocket format Viewer ?
I presume that the correct way to do so is by creating a ticket at
http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/

However I was wondering about the situation with commercial books that seem to crash your reader.
If I create a Ticket there and attach a Baen eBook that crashes the reader, then it looks like other people can also download that book.
Which could potentially get both me and Calibre into trouble for distributing copyrighted eBooks.