Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-28-2008, 06:30 PM   #1
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
So, I gave MaMaw her Kindle today ....

And she told me she was going to "kick my ass."

That, of course, means she really likes it and doesn't think I should have gotten a gift that expensive for her.

I stuck a 4GB card in it with about 50 books on it to start, fixed up a zipper case for it, and registered it using her daughter in law's Amazon account.

OH .... and I found something I like much better than velcro to attach the Kindle to a case. I started using 3M Command picture hangers.

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/3...icturehanging/

Here's my logic .... first off, they are really easy to remove if you need to, but grip just as well as velcro. And second, because the tabs are there, it's a simple matter to see where you need to stick your finger to pull them apart if you just want to take the book out of the case.

I switched because the sticky back velcro kept unsticking from the suface of my third party case. It stuck to the Kindle just fine, but the book would still come unstuck from the case.

The Command strips seem to stick much better ... but if you sell the Kindle, it's just a matter of pulling slowly on the tab to make them come off cleanly.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:35 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
And she told me she was going to "kick my ass."

That, of course, means she really likes it and doesn't think I should have gotten a gift that expensive for her.
strange texan etiquette...

nice story though.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2008, 06:51 PM   #3
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Yes .... it's the only place in the world where "kick your ass" is a term of endearment.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote