Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-27-2012, 05:48 PM   #1
madtrapper
madtrapper can illuminate an eclipsemadtrapper can illuminate an eclipsemadtrapper can illuminate an eclipsemadtrapper can illuminate an eclipsemadtrapper can illuminate an eclipsemadtrapper can illuminate an eclipsemadtrapper can illuminate an eclipsemadtrapper can illuminate an eclipsemadtrapper can illuminate an eclipsemadtrapper can illuminate an eclipsemadtrapper can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
S**t happen after copy developers.keystore in my kindle PW

Just want create some kindlet for my new kindle pw, so I grab the developers.keystore from this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=152294
And put it on my kindle, but after reboot, I cannot connect my kindle via usbNetwork.
Always prompt wrong password...
Any suggestion?
madtrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:55 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
put it on your Kindle **where** ?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2012, 06:00 PM   #3
madtrapper
madtrapper can illuminate an eclipsemadtrapper can illuminate an eclipsemadtrapper can illuminate an eclipsemadtrapper can illuminate an eclipsemadtrapper can illuminate an eclipsemadtrapper can illuminate an eclipsemadtrapper can illuminate an eclipsemadtrapper can illuminate an eclipsemadtrapper can illuminate an eclipsemadtrapper can illuminate an eclipsemadtrapper can illuminate an eclipse

/var/local/java/keystore

Last edited by pdurrant; 12-28-2012 at 07:06 AM.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:13 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Same firmware version before and after the re-start?
I.E: Any chance an OTA firmware update ran?
Old 12-27-2012, 06:19 PM   #5
madtrapper

no firmware update
Advert
Old 12-27-2012, 06:27 PM   #6
knc1
Going Viral

Would you share the firmware version number installed?
What other changes not included in your original post?

This would go a bit faster if you provided all the information in a single post, I am not a Dentist.

Last edited by knc1; 12-27-2012 at 06:30 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:51 PM   #7
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
so you installed one file. and that broke some (completely seemingly unrelated) thing.

if the issue is that you cant ssh into the device what does a port scan reveal. is the port there? assumedly you tried a good old full reset.

And checked over your ssh configs from the FAT mounted kindle...

To be honest I was going to come in on this thread this morning but I honestly couldnt find the right words.

I dont see how putting one file onto the device could mash up the access... certainly not that one. sorry.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:19 PM   #8
madtrapper

Ok, My firmware version is 5.3.1.
It back to normal after I reset it to factory setting and redo jailbreak and install usbnetwork and copy developer.keystore.

I don't have any clue what happen here, one thing I noticed is very slow popup menu,
It take almost 10 secs popup the setting menu, but cause I can not log in via ssh, so no idea what happen in my kindle.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:51 PM   #9
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtrapper View Post
Ok, My firmware version is 5.3.1.
It back to normal after I reset it to factory setting and redo jailbreak and install usbnetwork and copy developer.keystore.

I don't have any clue what happen here, one thing I noticed is very slow popup menu,
It take almost 10 secs popup the setting menu, but cause I can not log in via ssh, so no idea what happen in my kindle.
Did you notice in the Kpw User's Guide where it tells you to only use the "restore factory settings" when directed to by amazon technical support?

Why is that I wonder.