Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-04-2012, 05:14 PM   #61
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
Eh, you have to reset in order to downgrade the firmware?
You don't necessary have to reset to downgrade. I've done that once and it worked but not without some quirks. It's better to do a reset and then upgrade at least in my personal experience.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:38 PM   #62
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstonian View Post
Wise words for a few people on this board to live by!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger View Post
You don't necessary have to reset to downgrade. I've done that once and it worked but not without some quirks. It's better to do a reset and then upgrade at least in my personal experience.
Thanks for clarifying.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-04-2012, 05:42 PM   #63
AndyBurns
AndyBurns began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo & Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmorDog View Post
Has anyone who manually updated to 2.1.1 done the automatic update to 2.1.4?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
I would like to know this too.
Not quite what was asked, but I had manually updated to 2.1.1, I gave it a few attempts last night, and again tonight to auto-update to 2.1.4 but it obviously wasn't my turn yet, so I manually updated to 2.1.4 using the direct link, no problems, though few noticable differences, slightly annoyed that a facebook ion now appears on the "spanner" pop-up menu, even though I don't have a facebook account.
AndyBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #64
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyBurns View Post
Not quite what was asked, but I had manually updated to 2.1.1, I gave it a few attempts last night, and again tonight to auto-update to 2.1.4 but it obviously wasn't my turn yet, so I manually updated to 2.1.4 using the direct link, no problems, though few noticable differences, slightly annoyed that a facebook ion now appears on the "spanner" pop-up menu, even though I don't have a facebook account.
Thanks for that AndyBurns, good to know, and even though not exactly as asked, still very relevant because my location doesn't give me 2.1.4 yet while I have the zip sitting on my desktop waiting for my patience to disappear...
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 06:13 PM   #65
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well 4 more reboots later I'm doing a factory reset. The last four times the screen was unresponsive after being woken from sleep mode and would then reboot after a bunch of taps (at least 5 taps).
Advert
Old 10-04-2012, 08:49 PM   #66
Xennex1170
Addict
Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xennex1170 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Hmm.. Strange.. I synced my KT today and it downloaded an update but it seems that it is still 1.9.17 for me.. However I noticed a few things that I didn't notice before. Page turns are a bit faster for some reason and now it gives me a little note in the status area when I put it to sleep in the middle of a book saying that my bookmark has been updated just before showiing the battery level giving the % read and saying it is now in sleep mode. (r37603 3/16/12)
Xennex1170 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:12 PM   #67
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
I'm still on 1.9.17 (and happy with it), so sorry ahead of time if this is a dumb question:

Is the delima font still on the device?

If not, can anyone recommend a font similar to delima that I could track down?

Thanks.

Last edited by beautifulsoup; 10-04-2012 at 10:19 PM. Reason: To ask second question.
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 11:55 PM   #68
Nigol
Groupie
Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulsoup View Post
Is the delima font still on the device?

If not, can anyone recommend a font similar to delima that I could track down?

No you could sideload the font?
Nigol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:09 AM   #69
Danger
Evangelist

Well, after a factory reset and desktop app update to 2.1.4 (not a manual update) I still get an unresponsive screen after awakening from sleep mode after anywhere from 6 - 12 taps on the screen it just reboots and is then fine for reading... downgrading back to 1.9.17 maybe the next version will work for me whenever it comes out.

And is it me or does the battery seem to drain faster on the new firmware? Yes I use an SD card but on 1.9.17 the battery charge seems to last a long time. Yet today after the new firmware I have seen a noticable drop in the battery indicator from this morning till this evening.

Last edited by Danger; 10-05-2012 at 12:13 AM.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:23 AM   #70
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Have you tried without the SD card in the unit?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:36 AM   #71
Transonic
Enthusiast
Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kindle 4 NT, Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
I just did a synch update from 2.0.0 and now have 2.0.4 ( r41166 19/26/12 ) Everything seems as before even the release notes are identical . Perhaps Kobo Touch ereaders sold here in Australia have different hardware ?
Transonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:50 AM   #72
Techbar
TechnoGeek
Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.Techbar could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Likebook Mars, Boox Kepler Pro, InkBook Obsidian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transonic View Post
I just did a synch update from 2.0.0 and now have 2.0.4 ( r41166 19/26/12 ) Everything seems as before even the release notes are identical . Perhaps Kobo Touch ereaders sold here in Australia have different hardware ?
I'm in NZ - I bought my KT over the Internet from Borders in the USA before they closed and I've also just received 2.0.4 (R41166, 9/26/12).......
Techbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:57 AM   #73
RangoX
RangoX is a glorious beacon of lightRangoX is a glorious beacon of lightRangoX is a glorious beacon of lightRangoX is a glorious beacon of lightRangoX is a glorious beacon of lightRangoX is a glorious beacon of lightRangoX is a glorious beacon of lightRangoX is a glorious beacon of lightRangoX is a glorious beacon of lightRangoX is a glorious beacon of lightRangoX is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kobo Touch
So... are page turns in sideloaded books as fast as they are in 1.9.17? It's vital for me to know this before upgrading...
RangoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:02 AM   #74
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Transonic View Post
Yes, that is the case. Some devices sold here last year have a problem in the base firmware. This is the firmware you see when you do a factory reset. Something in this prevents the devices from being updated past the 2.0.x firmware. What Kobo is doing is to install an intermediate firmware that will allow the later firmware to be installed. I suspect that they have decided to handle anyone on an Australian ip by this method. I think NZ may have gotten the same devices so our NZ friend has probably been hit by this as well.

I would suggest that you try another sync and see if it updates again.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 01:05 AM   #75
Transonic
Enthusiast
Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Transonic is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kindle 4 NT, Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
I'm in NZ - I bought my KT over the Internet from Borders in the USA before they closed and I've also just received 2.0.4 (R41166, 9/26/12).......

OK that's odd. Maybe we will get a further update up to 2.1.4. at some stage???
Transonic is offline   Reply With Quote