Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 11-19-2007, 09:47 AM   #1
Tomana
Tomana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tomana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tomana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: treo 650
Several Questions on iliad daily usage

Dear all iliad users,

I haven't been an iliad-er for long. Just a few weeks of use and it had already been the only gadget that I can't live without. But several questions still bother me and I can't find the answer here.

1. Are there any handy tools that I can use to crop PDF into halves for better viewing in the landscape mode? If only we can have a tool like "Yet another tools to convert PDF to LRF" would be PERFECT! functions like smart-cut to ensure it won't cropped in the middle of pictures would be great.

2. I am a Ipdf user but why can't the ipdf remember my pen setting? And why can't it resume to the last doc I read after turning on? It randomly opens a doc everytime. Are there detail manual or user guide on IPDF? Thanks

3. How would you use your iliad on the road? Will you turn iliad off everytime you finish using it? How will you deactivate those buttons?

Thank you very much for your help..
Tomana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:45 AM   #2
rincewind
Connoisseur
rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rincewind has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: iLiad
I've had my iLiad in heavy use for a year now, and it is the gadget I have that everybody is blown away by. :-)

I don't know about question 1, but I have seen such tools around. The Community version I do however believe can use the "arrow" buttons to scroll 2/3 of a page up or down in landscape continous mode, which makes it quite suitable for me at least. :-)

2. The community version does this - no idea why the official one doesn't. The iLiad should be able to resume the last document now - but I also had an issue for a short while where the "recent documents" list was totally bonkers. I'm not sure I did anything, but it might have been that the internal memory was full - you might want to double check that.

3. I tend to turn the iLiad off when it is not important to have it ready in a seconds notice. In effect, I keep it on during meetings (even if I don't write notes), but off otherwise. Buttons can be locked using some software button (a key?), which locks all hardware buttons. I don't use it myself.

/Rincewind
rincewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2007, 09:47 AM   #3
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
There's a utility that someone mentioned in this forum that handles splitting the PDF pages, but I like the continuous mode, myself. Rincewind, I've had the same "recent documents" problem.

I leave my iLiad on all day if I'm at a conference or somewhere else that I'll be taking a lot of notes or needing to look things up. I use the "lock" software button to lock the hardware keys while taking notes, as well as when the iLiad is not in use.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote