Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-23-2010, 04:00 AM   #16
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
My assumption has been that doing the SD card update is essentially like doing a clean install of an OS on a computer. It makes me wonder if possibly going into advanced settings on the Kobo and restoring factory defaults and then doing the update in the usual (non-sd card) way might give the same result. I think it would take care of problems that are related to corrupted Db or files.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:15 AM   #17
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
My assumption has been that doing the SD card update is essentially like doing a clean install of an OS on a computer. It makes me wonder if possibly going into advanced settings on the Kobo and restoring factory defaults and then doing the update in the usual (non-sd card) way might give the same result. I think it would take care of problems that are related to corrupted Db or files.
You may call it "embedded". Every manufacturer has it's own
development. I'd rather say "reflash", as it is. One little piece
of code loads the kernel. Probably u-boot, or similar. I have it
on sheevaplug and could say it needs jtag to be replaced.
Upgrade obviously breaks after using another piece of code, that
uses usb driver and... Simpler, the better. Please, rise your hand
who had problem after SD card upgrade.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert