Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-23-2013, 08:25 AM   #1
EbookNovice
Banned
EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
Evernote feature: How to make the best use of it?

hi all, i've been really working with the Evernote feature recently, but i don't understand it completely.

i've started using Evernote to upload highlighted notes from my Sony Reader and it works great. i've selected a notebook for uploading my highlighted notes.

my questions are: what does the 'download' folder do in Evernote?

i noticed that i can change the direct quotes i've lifted from books in Evernote. could anyone tell me how i can make it so that the quotes i lift from books are NOT able to be edited? i don't want to accidentally edit the highlighted quotes!

thanks for any help!
EbookNovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 01:52 AM   #2
EbookNovice
Banned
EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.EbookNovice solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

i'm still not sure what i'm supposed to do with the 'download' folder.
Advert
Old 08-26-2013, 03:12 AM   #3
yts06mgr
Nameless Being

download folder is a designated folder for Sony Reader to collect what you want to read with Sony Reader. Use 'Evernote Clearly' for web clipping as ordinary web clipping may not be best viewed on Sony Reader due to lack of capability of eInk display.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:54 AM   #4
EbookNovice
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yts06mgr View Post
download folder is a designated folder for Sony Reader to collect what you want to read with Sony Reader. Use 'Evernote Clearly' for web clipping as ordinary web clipping may not be best viewed on Sony Reader due to lack of capability of eInk display.
ok thanks a lot bro!

so there's no other way for me to save quotable notes and place them into Evernote in a way that won't let me delete them?

thanks!
Old 09-04-2013, 01:50 AM   #5
EbookNovice
Banned

anyone?
Advert
Old 09-04-2013, 04:17 PM   #6
Kokomo Lee
Keeps on Ticking...
Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'Kokomo Lee understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindles, iStuff, Nexus and a partridge
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbookNovice View Post
ok thanks a lot bro!

so there's no other way for me to save quotable notes and place them into Evernote in a way that won't let me delete them?

thanks!
From my experience, the answer is no: all quotes are editable within Evernote. There is a workaround, where you open a second Evernote account and share your notes with your primary account as read-only: details are available at http://discussion.evernote.com/topic...-lock-my-note/

Personally, I am very disappointed with Sony's Evernote connection, as page numbers are missing from the note. I hoped to use my PRS-T2 for research, but the lack of page numbers is a deal-breaker.
Kokomo Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 12:48 AM   #7
yts06mgr
Nameless Being

EbookNovice & Kokomo Lee, how about uploading screen capture of the page to Evernote?
Here is how.
1) Make some handwritten annotations; underline, circle, point arrows to passages
2) Select 'All Notes' at Applications
3) Tap and hold a handwritten note and Options menu pop up
4) Select 'Upload to Evernote' to upload a screen capture image in JPG

This way you cannot edit and even the page number will be shown at the bottom of image. What do you think?
Old 09-05-2013, 12:51 AM   #8
yts06mgr
Nameless Being

Page 109 of User Guide provides similar instructions. JFYI.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:03 AM   #9
EbookNovice
Banned

Quote:
EbookNovice & Kokomo Lee, how about uploading screen capture of the page to Evernote?
Here is how.
1) Make some handwritten annotations; underline, circle, point arrows to passages

This way you cannot edit and even the page number will be shown at the bottom of image. What do you think?
ok thanks bro i'll try this out!
Old 09-23-2013, 01:03 PM   #10
EbookNovice
Banned

Quote:
Here is how.

Alright, thanks I'll try this out today! I need to have my eReader with me because it's a long list of instructions.
Old 09-25-2013, 05:05 AM   #11
EbookNovice
Banned

Quote:
Here is how.

Ok thanks, I just tried this procedure out.

It uploaded the image to my Evernote account, which is great, but the problem is that it uploaded the entire page. Do you know if it's possible to upload an image, but with a selected piece of the text on the page, like, say a paragraph I quoted? It'd be great if I could upload the quote in the .JPG format rather than the entire page. Do you know if it's possible for me to upload the entire page but have a portion of the text highlighted?
Old 09-25-2013, 11:48 PM   #12
yts06mgr
Nameless Being

That is beyond Reader's capability.
But you could trim the image using built-in app in Windows.
Here's how. (assuming you have a Windows 7)
- double click the image at Evernote app to view with Windows Photo Viewer
- Select 'Open' menu to start 'Paint' app
- Use 'Select' tool to set where you want to trim out.
- Select 'Trim'
- Press Save icon
The result will be automatically updated to Evernote notes.
Old 10-11-2013, 06:39 PM   #13
EbookNovice
Banned

Quote:
That is beyond Reader's capability.
But you could trim the image using built-in app in Windows.
Here's how. (assuming you have a Windows 7)
- double click the image at Evernote app to view with Windows Photo Viewer
- Select 'Open' menu to start 'Paint' app
- Use 'Select' tool to set where you want to trim out.
- Select 'Trim'
- Press Save icon
The result will be automatically updated to Evernote notes.
Alright, thanks I'll try this out.

So I'll need to do this procedure on every highlighted note I take?

I might just keep taking a picture of the whole page instead. What do you think?

You're a genius!