Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 02-11-2010, 07:34 PM   #46
Kralik
Guru
Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kralik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rooted NST
No, just one of them as far as I understand it. But you'd probably have to ask the author, because I'm not entirely sure. If you go to Help-->About you can see the computer ID information it generates. The button on the right lets you copy it to the clipboard (so you can look at it in, say, Notepad). You can see how it changes with USB drives by starting the program without any connected, then trying again with them connected.
Kralik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 01:13 AM   #47
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
Really appreciate your help, Kralik. I believe I have a clearer picture of how this program works.

All that is left is the barrier to part with 20 Euros.
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2010, 08:39 PM   #48
ThomasMcKean
Disabilities Advocate
ThomasMcKean doesn't litterThomasMcKean doesn't litter

Device: Kindle PW3
Ermm... I have a question about this program?

What would be the proper settings to convert a CBR/CBZ to be read on an Astak Pocket Pro or Hanlin V5?

Can this be done with this program?

Last edited by ThomasMcKean; 02-14-2010 at 09:04 PM.
ThomasMcKean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:24 PM   #49
fiery
fiery began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Opus
I've a problem with PDFCropper 1.63 with certain PDFs which return "java.lang.NullPointerException" on cropping. It worked very well with similar PDFs from the same publisher, but their recent files return just that error. I noticed that publisher has changed the PDF version from 1.4 to 1.5. PDFCropper.log file includes this line "java.lang.NullPointerException at org.pdfbox.pdmodel.PDPageNode.getAllKids(PDPageNod e.java:194)"

However, I tried to convert/merge that problematic PDF with the free pdfsam 2.0 app. It produced the same PDF (v1.5), but this time PDFCropper worked just fine.

Hope this helps someone.
fiery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 07:12 PM   #50
meem
A Reader who can think..!
meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.meem lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi - Kindle DX (B004)
Looks good, but it's very complicated.
Must distributed without JRE (Java) which most users they have it.
meem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2012, 09:02 PM   #51
apos
Zealot
apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.apos solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: 623 Touch Lux, 912 Pro (selled), Surfpad 4 L, Waiting for CAD-Reader !
Briss is an alternative cropping tool

Since this thread was not visited for a long time and only deals with one program, I like to suggest using the cross platform open source tool Briss.

It is written in java, very mature and does its job - automatically. The only "drawback" is, you should write a little wrapper script within your path:
Code:
$> sudo youreditor /usr/local/bin/briss

#!/bin/bash
version="0.0.13"
cd "$(pwd)"
java -jar /whereever/is/installed/briss-${version}/briss-${version}.jar "${@}"

$> sudo chmod 755 /usr/local/bin/briss
if do not like to type in something like
Code:
java -jar /wherever/briss-version/briss-version.jar -s myfile.pdf
everytime

A little howto an scripts for linux freaks: see here.
apos is offline   Reply With Quote